    Version with analog telephone adapter -> usb not interested. The
    headset is not interested. usb phone is not interested. wifi phone is
    not interested.

    Denis Dmitriev, Jul 10, 2009

  2. Denis Dmitriev

    Guest

    Re: Connect an analog phone to the input connector of the modem touse like usb phone calls voip

    Denis Dmitriev schreef:
    > Connect an analog phone to the input connector of the modem to use
    > like usb phone calls voip.
    >
    > Who can share the knowledge on this subject?
    >
    > Version with analog telephone adapter -> usb not interested. The
    > headset is not interested. usb phone is not interested. wifi phone is
    > not interested.

    Try to study on the subject some more, you don't know enough
    to know what Internet telephony realy is.

    --
    Bedankt, Thanks,

    The Fug.

    , Jul 10, 2009

  3. Denis Dmitriev

    Brian A Guest

    On Fri, 10 Jul 2009 22:52:36 +0200, TheFug wrote:

    > Denis Dmitriev schreef:
    >> Connect an analog phone to the input connector of the modem to use like
    >> usb phone calls voip.
    >>
    >> Who can share the knowledge on this subject?
    >>
    >> Version with analog telephone adapter -> usb not interested. The
    >> headset is not interested. usb phone is not interested. wifi phone is
    >> not interested.

    > Try to study on the subject some more, you don't know enough to know
    > what Internet telephony realy is.

    Agreed. This might be a good place to start:-
    http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/What is VOIP

    Brian A, Jul 10, 2009
  4. Denis Dmitriev

    Graham. Guest

    Re: Connect an analog phone to the input connector of the modem to use like usb phone calls voip

    > Connect an analog phone to the input connector of the modem to use
    > like usb phone calls voip.
    >
    > Who can share the knowledge on this subject?
    >
    > Version with analog telephone adapter -> usb not interested. The
    > headset is not interested. usb phone is not interested. wifi phone is
    > not interested.

    The normal way I would use a POTS phone for VoIP would be with
    an ATA such as a Linksys PAP-2 or Sipura 2000 or 3000 etc.
    These will work with any SIP serviced and do not require a computer.

    To answer your question, a "voice" modem with the appropreate
    drivers loaded on your PC will will appear as an additional sound
    device, so presumably you could just point your softphone to it,
    just like a sound-card.

    Not many of us here would be *intrested* in using a softphone for
    VoIP, other than for testing.
    --
    Graham.

    %Profound_observation%

    Graham., Jul 10, 2009
  5. Denis Dmitriev

    Steve Terry Guest

    "Denis Dmitriev" <> wrote in message
    > Connect an analog phone to the input connector of the modem to use
    > like usb phone calls voip.
    >
    > Who can share the knowledge on this subject?
    >
    > Version with analog telephone adapter -> usb not interested. The
    > headset is not interested. usb phone is not interested. wifi phone is
    > not interested.

    Wouldn't it be simpler and cheaper to spend 39.99 on a
    Three Skype S2 payg?

    Steve Terry

    Steve Terry, Jul 11, 2009
  6. Denis Dmitriev

    jim stewart Guest

    "Steve Terry" <> wrote in message

    > "Denis Dmitriev" <> wrote in message
    >> Connect an analog phone to the input connector of the modem to use
    >> like usb phone calls voip.
    >>
    >> Who can share the knowledge on this subject?
    >>
    >> Version with analog telephone adapter -> usb not interested. The
    >> headset is not interested. usb phone is not interested. wifi phone is
    >> not interested.
    >>

    > Wouldn't it be simpler and cheaper to spend 39.99 on a
    > Three Skype S2 payg?
    >
    > Steve Terry

    found them then ....

    jim stewart, Jul 11, 2009
  7. Denis Dmitriev

    Brian A schreef:
    > On Fri, 10 Jul 2009 22:52:36 +0200, TheFug wrote:
    >
    >> Denis Dmitriev schreef:
    >>> Connect an analog phone to the input connector of the modem to use like
    >>> usb phone calls voip.
    >>>
    >>> Who can share the knowledge on this subject?
    >>>
    >>> Version with analog telephone adapter -> usb not interested. The
    >>> headset is not interested. usb phone is not interested. wifi phone is
    >>> not interested.

    >> Try to study on the subject some more, you don't know enough to know
    >> what Internet telephony realy is.

    > Agreed. This might be a good place to start:-
    > http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/What is VOIP

    Yes, that's a good one, out of my own experience, i can tell, that i'm
    very happy with the products out of the (Siemens)DECT-IP Gigaset line,
    Other solutions will give head-pain with many settings : Linksys SPA
    ata's are a example of that, Too Many Secrets :) and the conversion of
    analog to digital, and the other way arround, give all sorts of
    problems, when used with certain analog phones, and the All In One's are
    also not ideal, DECT IP, or just an IP phone are the best solutions...
    --
    Bedankt, Thanks,

    The Fug.

    , Jul 21, 2009
  8. Denis Dmitriev

    alexd Guest

    Steve Terry wrote:

    > Wouldn't it be simpler and cheaper to spend 39.99 on a
    > Three Skype S2 payg?

    That seems to be your answer to everything, although your persistence has
    paid off, as I'm considering a pair of these for me and the Mrs as I like
    the idea of free on-net [where Skype == on-net] calls for a tenner every 3
    months.

    --
    <http://ale.cx/> (AIM:troffasky) ()
    20:36:22 up 76 days, 8:37, 1 user, load average: 0.17, 0.17, 0.16

    alexd, Jul 21, 2009
  9. Denis Dmitriev

    Steve Terry Guest

    "alexd" <> wrote in message
    > Steve Terry wrote:
    >
    >> Wouldn't it be simpler and cheaper to spend 39.99 on a
    >> Three Skype S2 payg?

    > That seems to be your answer to everything, although your persistence has
    > paid off, as I'm considering a pair of these for me and the Mrs as I like
    > the idea of free on-net [where Skype == on-net] calls for a tenner every 3
    > months.

    My Nokia 6120c on 3pay does seem to be the answer to everything,
    at least for PAYG.
    (using it to send this)

    The Skype S2 will do the same, and at 39.99 is half the price

    Steve Terry

    Steve Terry, Jul 22, 2009