    can anyone help, or point by to a good beginners guide to networking etc...

    thanks

    kevin

    kev, Jan 18, 2004

  2. kev

    °Mike° Guest

    Step-by-Step - Networking for Dummies
    http://www.wown.info/j_helmig/guide.htm

    http://www.wown.com/
    http://www.practicallynetworked.com/

    On Sun, 18 Jan 2004 19:59:14 -0000, in
    <bueoij$mcm$>
    kev scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Jan 18, 2004

  3. kev wrote:

    > Right, have connected my conexant modem to my laptop with Ethernet ports,
    > typing the ipaddress into the address by opens a webpage with settings on -
    > all of which are correct.

    (BLINK) Uhhh... See if I got this right:
    Modem connects via Ethernet Cable to Computer.
    You open web browser and give it a specific IP to look at the modem's
    settings - all settings look good.

    > but when I type a web address in I get nothing.

    Make sure the modem's getting a connection to your ISP first.

    What kind of error are you getting, btw?

    BuffNET Technical Support Supervisor
    (BEHOLD! The power of the BOFH!)

    BuffNET Tech Support - MichaelJ, Jan 19, 2004