    to another switch without a crossover cable ? "MDI by software"

    thanks
    mag

    Mag, Aug 15, 2008

  2. Mag

    Mag Guest

    Re: Connect a cisco catalyst 3524XL to a Cisco 6500 ? Auto-MDI orcrossover cable

    Thanks for your answer,

    do you know the process for put it "On" on the cisco 6500 ?

    Thanks

    Mag, Aug 15, 2008

  3. Mag

    Trendkill Guest

    On Aug 15, 7:24 am, Mag <> wrote:
    > Thanks for your answer,
    >
    > do you know the process for put it "On" on the cisco 6500 ?
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > headsetadapter.com a écrit :
    >
    > > Hi Mag,

    > > Catalyst 3524XL definitely do not have MDIX capablitiy for the ports (you
    > > can confirm it with "show interface capability" command). Catalyst 6500 has
    > > it on *some* blades, but you may need to enable it (it's off by default).

    > > Good luck,

    > > Mike
    > > CCNP, CCDP, CCSP, CCVP, MCSE W2K, MCSE+I, Security+, etc.
    > > CCIE Voice (in progress), CCIE R&S (next)
    > > ------
    > > Headset Adapters for Cisco IP Phones
    > >www.ciscoheadsetadapter.com
    > >www.headsetadapter.com

    > > "Mag" <> wrote in message
    > >> Hi

    > >> If i connect the C3524XL to a Cisco 6500 with a classic
    > >> RJ45 cable, i don't have the link. If i use a crossover cable, i have the
    > >> link.

    > >> I think's that  C3524/6500 don't have auto mdi.

    > >> Anyone know if i can said by the cisco IOS that the port are connected
    > >> to another switch without a crossover cable ? "MDI by software"

    > >> thanks
    > >> mag

    On the cat side I think it is : set port auto-mdix enable. Not sure
    on the native side.

    Trendkill, Aug 15, 2008
  4. Mag

    Trendkill Guest

    On Aug 15, 7:30 am, Trendkill <> wrote:
    > On Aug 15, 7:24 am, Mag <> wrote:
    >

    > > Thanks for your answer,

    > > do you know the process for put it "On" on the cisco 6500 ?

    > > Thanks

    > > headsetadapter.com a écrit :

    > > > Hi Mag,

    > > > Catalyst 3524XL definitely do not have MDIX capablitiy for the ports (you
    > > > can confirm it with "show interface capability" command). Catalyst 6500 has
    > > > it on *some* blades, but you may need to enable it (it's off by default).

    > > > Good luck,

    > > > Mike
    > > > CCNP, CCDP, CCSP, CCVP, MCSE W2K, MCSE+I, Security+, etc.
    > > > CCIE Voice (in progress), CCIE R&S (next)
    > > > ------
    > > > Headset Adapters for Cisco IP Phones
    > > >www.ciscoheadsetadapter.com
    > > >www.headsetadapter.com

    > > > "Mag" <> wrote in message

    > On the cat side I think it is : set port auto-mdix enable.  Not sure
    > on the native side.

    Sorry, forgot the mod/port!

    set port auto-mdix mod/port {enable | disable}

    Trendkill, Aug 15, 2008