Congratulations

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by Charlie Russel - MVP, Jul 1, 2008.

  1. Charlie Russel - MVP, Jul 1, 2008

  2. Charlie Russel - MVP

    R. C. White Guest

    Hi, Charlie.

    Yes, I just got notice of Colin's re-award.

    Congratulations, Colin! Well-earned. ;<)

    RC
    --
    R. C. White, CPA
    San Marcos, TX

    Microsoft Windows MVP

    R. C. White, Jul 1, 2008

  3. Hey, thanks guys! I guess somebody figured out I was going keep bugging
    you, MVP or not, so they just decided "what the heck." :)

    Colin Barnhorst, Jul 1, 2008
  4. Yes indeed, well deserved! But those 'bugs', I did see you made a reference
    to them, and I could guess what it was all about but I couldn't really see
    anything. Just the post itself and the usual things of the protocol. Hmm?

    Tony. . .

    Tony Sperling, Jul 1, 2008
  5. Charlie Russel - MVP

    Don Guest

    > Our Colin was just re-awarded as an MVP. He had a short break from it, but
    > he's back, and I think he well deserves it. (and yes, if you've been
    > paying attention, you'll have noticed the little MVP bug on his posts
    > showed up a few days early. But it wasn't official until today.)
    >
    > --

    Congratulations Colin! Based on what I have seen on the groups, well
    deserved!

    --
    Don
    Don, Jul 1, 2008
  6. Charlie Russel - MVP

    Carlos Guest

    I wish my English were better in order to express how happy - and proud - I
    feel that Colin has been re-awarded.
    Would "Kudos to Colin" apply in this case?
    Carlos

    Carlos, Jul 2, 2008
  7. That is, I assume, what 'Well deserved' means, or. . ?

    Tony. . .

    Tony Sperling, Jul 2, 2008
  8. Thanks, Carlos. "Kudos" is perfect English for a congratulation.

    Colin Barnhorst, Jul 2, 2008
  9. You have to either come in through the web interface, or use a "metadata
    aware" NNTP client. Which basically means Windows Mail in Vista or Server
    2k8. If you do, you see posts from MVPs with a little "MVP" logo in blue and
    white next to our names.

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Jul 2, 2008
  10. Ah - that explains! Will have to look it over. Good old 'OE' has kept me
    happy for quite some time now.

    Tony. . .

    > You have to either come in through the web interface, or use a "metadata
    > aware" NNTP client. Which basically means Windows Mail in Vista or Server
    > 2k8. If you do, you see posts from MVPs with a little "MVP" logo in blue

    and
    > white next to our names.
    >
    > --
    > Charlie.
    > http://msmvps.com/blogs/xperts64
    >
    > "Tony Sperling" <> wrote in message
    > > Yes indeed, well deserved! But those 'bugs', I did see you made a
    > > reference
    > > to them, and I could guess what it was all about but I couldn't really

    see
    > > anything. Just the post itself and the usual things of the protocol.

    Hmm?

    > > Tony. . .
    > >

    > > "Charlie Russel - MVP" <> wrote in

    message

    Tony Sperling, Jul 2, 2008
  11. Charlie Russel - MVP

    Jane C Guest

    Congrats Colin :)

    > Our Colin was just re-awarded as an MVP. He had a short break from it, but
    > he's back, and I think he well deserves it. (and yes, if you've been
    > paying attention, you'll have noticed the little MVP bug on his posts
    > showed up a few days early. But it wasn't official until today.)
    >
    > --
    > Charlie.
    > http://msmvps.com/blogs/xperts64

    Jane, not plain ;) 64 bit enabled :)
    MVP - Windows Desktop Experience
    Jane C, Jul 2, 2008
  12. Charlie Russel - MVP

    Jane C Guest

    Carlos, your English is superb :)

    Jane C, Jul 2, 2008
  13. Thanks, Jane.

    I was absolutely stunned by the news! Coulda knocked me over with a floppy.
    :)

    Colin Barnhorst, Jul 2, 2008
  14. Charlie Russel - MVP

    R. C. White Guest

    Hi, Charlie.

    > If you do, you see posts from MVPs with a little "MVP" logo in blue and
    > white next to our names.

    Maybe. I always use WLM. SOMETIMES I see the MVP logo beside my name - or
    yours - but usually I don't.

    For example, even in this thread, I see the logo just twice so far: beside
    your original post and Colin's first response. NOT beside my earlier post.
    And not beside this latest post of yours, to which I am responding.

    Oh, 3 new posts in this thread just appeared, 2 from Jane C and one from
    Colin. Jane's first and Colin's posts have the logo; Jane's second post
    does not.

    There are many other more-important issues here, so I'm not going to worry
    about this one. But it is curious!

    RC
    --
    R. C. White, CPA
    San Marcos, TX

    Microsoft Windows MVP

    R. C. White, Jul 2, 2008
  15. Charlie Russel - MVP

    Katy Pluta Guest

    >Our Colin was just re-awarded as an MVP. He had a short break from it, but
    >he's back, and I think he well deserves it. (and yes, if you've been paying
    >attention, you'll have noticed the little MVP bug on his posts showed up a
    >few days early. But it wasn't official until today.)

    Congrats Colin! :)
    Katy Pluta, Jul 2, 2008
  16. Charlie Russel - MVP

    Jim Guest

    On Jul 1, 4:39 pm, "Colin Barnhorst" <> wrote:
    > Hey, thanks guys!  I guess somebody figured out I was going keep bugging
    > you, MVP or not, so they just decided "what the heck."  :)
    >
    > "Charlie Russel - MVP" <> wrote in messagenews:...

    Congratulations Colin! :)

    Jim
    Jim, Jul 2, 2008
  17. Correct, it's very inconsistent. I find if I've had Winmail open for a long
    time, it stops being able to log me in to get "community features". Which is
    what happened last night when I posted my reply to Tony's message. But yours
    to me has the bug, and this to you should have it, since I'm showing as
    connected.

    It's not a reliable indicator, unfortunately, because it's so inconsistent.
    If you see it, then it's a definite. But if you don't see it, it doesn't
    mean anything about who posted it.

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Jul 2, 2008
  18. Indeed. And way better than my Spanish. (or, now that I live in a country
    with two official languages, my French.) I'm a hopeless monoglot and not at
    all proud of it.

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Jul 2, 2008
  19. Charlie Russel - MVP

    Carlos Guest

    Am I really flattered by Jane and Charlie today!
    Thanks guys.
    :)
    Carlos

    Carlos, Jul 3, 2008