    --
    Liverpool. European City Of Culture 2008
    http://www.liverpool08.com
    Aardvark, Nov 5, 2008

  2. Aardvark

    Guest

    Aardvark <> wrote:

    >A victory for common sense for the first time in eight years. Well done!

    A historical moment for sure.

    P.S. I voted for Gore!

    --

    Miss
    http://apina.nwpshost.com/6109.gif

  3. On Tue, 04 Nov 2008 20:23:33 -0800, Pennywise wrote:

    > Aardvark <> wrote:
    >
    >>A victory for common sense for the first time in eight years. Well done!

    > A historical moment for sure.
    >
    > P.S. I voted for Gore!

    It's pretty obvious the GOP got its collective ass handed back to them.
    Eight long years and we had enough of it. Now comes the part where the
    rubber meets the road.

    --
    Nothing in the world is more dangerous than
    sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.

    -Martin Luther King, Jr.
    Ghostintheshell, Nov 5, 2008
  4. Aardvark

    richard Guest

    On Wed, 05 Nov 2008 04:01:06 GMT, Aardvark <>
    wrote:

    >A victory for common sense for the first time in eight years. Well done!

    You should look up the the election involving new york governor dewey.
    One certain newspaper published the headline stating dewey had won and
    put it on the streets.

    I don't put much stock in these so called projections you see now.
    That's all these are, projections. They are not the final count.
    With 90 million votes counted so far, only 3% difference between the
    two.

    CBS news is giving california ot obama and they haven't even counted
    1% yet.

    Projecting winners with less than 15% of the votes counted is pure
    horsehockey.

    That would be like declaring a winner of a baseball game in the 2nd
    inning or of a football game in the first quarter.

    Then, this election don't mean jack shit. All it does is tells the
    electoral college voters how to vote and then that may not always be
    right either.
    richard, Nov 5, 2008
  5. Aardvark

    richard Guest

    On Tue, 04 Nov 2008 20:23:33 -0800, wrote:

    > Aardvark <> wrote:
    >
    >>A victory for common sense for the first time in eight years. Well done!

    >A historical moment for sure.
    >
    >P.S. I voted for Gore!

    I voted for beau gritz.
    richard, Nov 5, 2008
  6. Aardvark

    thanatoid Guest

    Ghostintheshell <> wrote in

    > On Tue, 04 Nov 2008 20:23:33 -0800, Pennywise wrote:
    >
    >> Aardvark <> wrote:
    >>
    >>>A victory for common sense for the first time in eight
    >>>years. Well done!

    >> A historical moment for sure.
    >>
    >> P.S. I voted for Gore!

    > It's pretty obvious the GOP got its collective ass handed
    > back to them. Eight long years and we had enough of it. Now
    > comes the part where the rubber meets the road.

    Washington musical-of-the-year audience, don't forget Bush is
    president for 2 more months. A LOT can happen in two months. A
    lot can happen in two minutes. Not to mention the people
    /really/ running the musical and special-effects shows are not
    about to show their faces.

    Although I do admit I am surprised at who won, since I am on
    record (well, if this group counts...) as saying that McCain
    will win and that it was decided years ago. Maybe I'm just
    stupid, maybe I'm just paranoid, probably both.

    I know I'm not more of an optimist than I was 3 hours ago.

    --
    "May you live in interesting times"
    (curse, origin disputed)
    thanatoid, Nov 5, 2008
  7. Aardvark

    Aardvark Guest

    On Tue, 04 Nov 2008 20:41:12 -0800, richard wrote:

    > On Wed, 05 Nov 2008 04:01:06 GMT, Aardvark <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >>A victory for common sense for the first time in eight years. Well done!

    > You should look up the the election involving new york governor dewey.
    > One certain newspaper published the headline stating dewey had won and
    > put it on the streets.
    >
    > I don't put much stock in these so called projections you see now.
    > That's all these are, projections. They are not the final count. With 90
    > million votes counted so far, only 3% difference between the two.
    >
    > CBS news is giving california ot obama and they haven't even counted 1%
    > yet.
    >
    > Projecting winners with less than 15% of the votes counted is pure
    > horsehockey.
    >
    > That would be like declaring a winner of a baseball game in the 2nd
    > inning or of a football game in the first quarter.
    >
    > Then, this election don't mean jack shit. All it does is tells the
    > electoral college voters how to vote and then that may not always be
    > right either.

    So John McCain making his speech twenty minutes ago doesn't mean a thing?
    They don't call you richard the st00pid for nothing.

    Aardvark, Nov 5, 2008
  8. Aardvark

    richard Guest

    On Wed, 05 Nov 2008 04:52:54 GMT, Aardvark <>
    wrote:

    >On Tue, 04 Nov 2008 20:41:12 -0800, richard wrote:
    >
    >> On Wed, 05 Nov 2008 04:01:06 GMT, Aardvark <>
    >> wrote:
    >>
    >>>A victory for common sense for the first time in eight years. Well done!

    >> You should look up the the election involving new york governor dewey.
    >> One certain newspaper published the headline stating dewey had won and
    >> put it on the streets.
    >>
    >> I don't put much stock in these so called projections you see now.
    >> That's all these are, projections. They are not the final count. With 90
    >> million votes counted so far, only 3% difference between the two.
    >>
    >> CBS news is giving california ot obama and they haven't even counted 1%
    >> yet.
    >>
    >> Projecting winners with less than 15% of the votes counted is pure
    >> horsehockey.
    >>
    >> That would be like declaring a winner of a baseball game in the 2nd
    >> inning or of a football game in the first quarter.
    >>
    >> Then, this election don't mean jack shit. All it does is tells the
    >> electoral college voters how to vote and then that may not always be
    >> right either.

    >So John McCain making his speech twenty minutes ago doesn't mean a thing?
    >They don't call you richard the st00pid for nothing.

    Yeah well Mr. Dewey was very hopeful that election night too.
    As I said, these projections don't mean jack shit.
    As it has stood for nearly two hours, the difference is still only 3%.

    McCain may have called it a night, but the fat lady ain't sung yet.

    As a certain someone once said, "You count your chips when the
    dealin's done".

    Tell me again in the morning just how stoopid I am and we'll see who's
    dumber.
    richard, Nov 5, 2008
  9. Aardvark

    Guest

    thanatoid <> wrote:

    >Although I do admit I am surprised at who won, since I am on
    >record (well, if this group counts...) as saying that McCain
    >will win and that it was decided years ago. Maybe I'm just
    >stupid, maybe I'm just paranoid, probably both.

    A lot of people expected McCain to win because the republicans had the
    elections rigged in their favor.

    I had predicted Obamas win years ago in this group and I didn't even
    know he was running (can't find the post), but except for the rare one
    or two times, the tallest person has always won.
    --

    http://amanita-design.net/samorost-2/
    , Nov 5, 2008
  10. Aardvark

    Evan Platt Guest

    wrote:

    >You should look up the the election involving new york governor dewey.
    >One certain newspaper published the headline stating dewey had won and
    >put it on the streets.

    Yeah.. That was a few years ago. Technology has changed just a bit
    since then.

    >I don't put much stock in these so called projections you see now.
    >That's all these are, projections. They are not the final count.
    >With 90 million votes counted so far, only 3% difference between the
    >two.

    Yep, you're right. We'll have confirmation of it in the morning.

    CNN Headlines:

    "We fucked up. Richard was right."
    Evan Platt, Nov 5, 2008
  11. Aardvark

    DevilsPGD Guest

    In message <> richard
    <> was claimed to have wrote:

    >Yeah well Mr. Dewey was very hopeful that election night too.
    >As I said, these projections don't mean jack shit.
    >As it has stood for nearly two hours, the difference is still only 3%.
    >
    >McCain may have called it a night, but the fat lady ain't sung yet.
    >
    >As a certain someone once said, "You count your chips when the
    >dealin's done".

    You count a win when the votes are counted, but you don't declare a loss
    unless you're sure.

    >Tell me again in the morning just how stoopid I am and we'll see who's
    >dumber.

    I'll put a note to take you up on that.
    DevilsPGD, Nov 5, 2008
  12. Aardvark

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Tue, 04 Nov 2008 21:14:44 -0800, richard <>
    wrote:

    >McCain may have called it a night, but the fat lady ain't sung yet.

    Yes, she has actually. It's called the electoral college.
    Evan Platt, Nov 5, 2008
  13. Aardvark

    richard Guest

    On Tue, 04 Nov 2008 22:03:58 -0800, Evan Platt
    <> wrote:

    >On Tue, 04 Nov 2008 20:41:12 -0800, richard <>
    >wrote:
    >
    >>You should look up the the election involving new york governor dewey.
    >>One certain newspaper published the headline stating dewey had won and
    >>put it on the streets.

    >Yeah.. That was a few years ago. Technology has changed just a bit
    >since then.
    >
    >>I don't put much stock in these so called projections you see now.
    >>That's all these are, projections. They are not the final count.
    >>With 90 million votes counted so far, only 3% difference between the
    >>two.

    >Yep, you're right. We'll have confirmation of it in the morning.
    >
    >CNN Headlines:
    >
    >"We fucked up. Richard was right."

    We shall see eh?
    There are still 4 states not called because their is only 1%
    difference.
    If McCain wins those 4, and then turns the table on a few more, Obama
    might be a loser.
    richard, Nov 5, 2008
  14. Aardvark

    Cork Soaker Guest

    Aardvark wrote:
    > A victory for common sense for the first time in eight years. Well done!

    Second. Well done for a change.
    Cork Soaker, Nov 5, 2008
  15. Aardvark

    thanatoid Guest

    "DemoDisk" <> wrote in

    <SNIP>

    >> Although I do admit I am surprised at who won, since I am
    >> on record (well, if this group counts...) as saying that
    >> McCain will win and that it was decided years ago. Maybe
    >> I'm just stupid, maybe I'm just paranoid, probably both.
    >>
    >> I know I'm not more of an optimist than I was 3 hours ago.

    > Maybe this is a time to change your mind, and change your
    > nym.

    If I could exchange my brain for a less troubled one, I would
    have done so years ago.

    Unfortunately, I believe one is born a certain way and no amount
    of drugs, shrinks, gurus, or self-help books can change it. Of
    course, it's a chicken-egg thing in my case. Although studies
    HAVE shown depressed people are far more realistic about their
    personalities and abilities than happy-go-luckies. But then
    again what YOU believe and to what extent you can make others
    believe it (see below) is all that matters.

    > I've watched and heard McCain's concession speech and
    > Obama's victory speech and all I can say is 'Wow!' What
    > a difference from the last eight years. What a difference
    > from the last quarter century!

    No doubt, things have been /rather/ ugly for some time. But I
    still doubt one guy - no matter how well-intentioned - can fix
    the mess the country is in.

    Nor should we forget that as a *politician*, he is (among many
    other things, some good, some bad) /by definition/ a
    professional liar, no offense *please*.

    thanatoid, Nov 5, 2008
  16. Aardvark

    thanatoid Guest

    wrote in

    > thanatoid <> wrote:
    >
    >>Although I do admit I am surprised at who won, since I am
    >>on record (well, if this group counts...) as saying that
    >>McCain will win and that it was decided years ago. Maybe
    >>I'm just stupid, maybe I'm just paranoid, probably both.

    > A lot of people expected McCain to win because the
    > republicans had the elections rigged in their favor.
    >
    > I had predicted Obamas win years ago in this group and I
    > didn't even know he was running (can't find the post)

    Besides "not getting out much", I haven't watched TV in about
    2.5 years and I haven't read a newspaper in over 5, so BION I
    didn't even know who Palin was until 3 weeks ago! And I didn't
    know who Obama was until about 3 months ago! Your future-telling
    ability is MOST impressive!

    > but
    > except for the rare one or two times, the tallest person
    > has always won.

    Yes, coincidentally I read that not too long ago somewhere. Only
    ONCE did the shorter guy win.
    And they say it's not a beauty contest! Obama is much better
    looking than McCain regardless of height anyway.

    (WWOTS, it /will/ be nice to never see Palin's (OR Hillary's)
    face again, not to mention the manipulated internet images of
    her engaged in assorted acts illegal in some states... Yuck!)

    thanatoid, Nov 5, 2008
  17. Aardvark

    elaich Guest

    Aardvark <> wrote in news:6U8Qk.4412$dU.2998
    @newsfe13.ams2:

    > A victory for common sense for the first time in eight years. Well done!

    The choice of the less evil. Some victory.

    Bush still has time to pull the string before the Inauguration. And he
    certainly has the power to do so. All we need is some little emergency.
    elaich, Nov 5, 2008
  18. Aardvark

    Cork Soaker Guest

    elaich wrote:
    > Aardvark <> wrote in news:6U8Qk.4412$dU.2998
    > @newsfe13.ams2:
    >
    >> A victory for common sense for the first time in eight years. Well done!

    > The choice of the less evil. Some victory.
    >
    > Bush still has time to pull the string before the Inauguration. And he
    > certainly has the power to do so. All we need is some little emergency.

    How true.

    Grab your guns, and end the fucker! He deserves whether he's in power
    or not.
    Cork Soaker, Nov 5, 2008
  19. Aardvark

    ® Guest

    Aardvark wrote:

    >A victory for common sense for the first time in eight years. Well done!

    21 January, 2009; end of an error.
    ®, Nov 5, 2008
  20. Aardvark

    ® Guest

    On 05 Nov 2008 07:24:58 GMT, thanatoid wrote:

    (-)
    >Unfortunately, I believe one is born a certain way and no amount
    >of drugs, shrinks, gurus, or self-help books can change it. Of
    >course, it's a chicken-egg thing in my case. Although studies
    >HAVE shown depressed people are far more realistic about their
    >personalities and abilities than happy-go-luckies. But then
    >again what YOU believe and to what extent you can make others
    >believe it (see below) is all that matters.

    (-)

    The realism to which you refer is known of as "pessimism". Or, as an old
    (born 1921) Ukranian woman I know occasionally says, "Don't be happy,
    'cause in 5 minutes it'll all turn to shit."

    A bit more pessimism than I am used to, but well in keeping, imho, with
    the spirit of "A pessimist is never disappointed, only surprised".
    ®, Nov 5, 2008