    thanks a lot
    regards
    Rose

    Rose, May 27, 2004

  2. Hi,
    If you finished the exam 70-100 and 70-175 then you could
    go forward and submit to your exam 70-176 before june. but
    you will still need one additional elective exam e.g. 70-
    229 (SQL 2000) and this will continue after 30 june :) ...
    then you will get your MCSD

    for more information please refer to:
    http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/mcsd/requirements.asp

    Good Luck
    Naji

    KnightSoft.net, May 27, 2004

  3. Rose

    Rose Guest

    Hi
    I didn't complete any exams. This 70-716 is my first
    exam. Can i write 70-176 in june and after june rest of
    3 courses ie 70-175, 70-100 and 70-229?? Can i get MCSD
    certification in vb if i planned like i said above? Is
    this allowed?? could u please let me know as early as
    possible.
    regards
    Rose

    Rose, May 27, 2004
  4. Rose

    Alistair Guest

    No. 70-100, 70-175 and 70-176 exams retire at end of June.
    If you don't take them before then, you can't take them.

    If you're serious, learn dot net technology and certify on
    the "new" track.

    Alistair, May 27, 2004
  5. Rose

    Moe Guest

    Two points:

    1) Like Alistair says, get on the .NET track. What's the
    point of learning something that is becoming obsolete?
    If you're doing this for work, do whatever it is they
    expect you to do - but try to talk themn into letting you
    do .NET.

    2) Whatever you do, I hope you realize that anything
    anyone tells you in this newsgroup is unofficial. Go to
    www.microsoft.com/traincert for the real deal.

    Moe, May 29, 2004
  6. >If you're doing this for work, do whatever it is they
    >expect you to do - but try to talk themn into letting you
    >do .NET.

    I see nothing wrong with this, as long as a good business case can be
    presented.

    However, people need to remember that software serves the business NOT
    the over way around. Any company that simply re-engineers their
    systems because some grunt wants to put the latest buzz words on their
    résumé, deserves the poor quality systems that will often result.

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, May 29, 2004