    Could someone tell me what those errors mean? I emailed the support
    folks at HDD Health, but no response. And I didn't get a lot of help
    when I googled the message, either.

    Newb McNewbie, Nov 30, 2004

  2. Newb McNewbie

    Brian Guest

    "Newb McNewbie" <> schrieb im
    Newsbeitrag news:ww6rd.124288$5K2.32273@attbi_s03...
    > I use a program called HDD Health to monitor my hard drive, and lately
    > I've been seeing some error messages popping up that I'm having trouble
    > understanding.
    >
    > What happens is that a dialog box pops up out of the blue which says,
    > "Attribute seek error rate changes from 200 to 100." I see that, along
    > with another one that says, "Attribute seek error rate changes from 100
    > to 200." I use a Western Digital 40gb hard drive.
    >
    > Could someone tell me what those errors mean? I emailed the support
    > folks at HDD Health, but no response. And I didn't get a lot of help
    > when I googled the message, either.

    you didn#t look hard enough...
    Results 1 - 10 of about 35,000 for Attribute seek error rate changes from
    200 to 100. (0.29 seconds)

    Brian, Nov 30, 2004

  3. Newb McNewbie

    °Mike° Guest

    The dialog is informing you of a change in the frequency
    of errors that appear whilst positioning the HD heads.
    You need to read the documentation for HDD Health to
    learn the significance of what it is telling you, in respect
    of the numbers.

    On Tue, 30 Nov 2004 22:30:52 GMT, in
    <ww6rd.124288$5K2.32273@attbi_s03>
    Newb McNewbie scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Nov 30, 2004
  4. Newb McNewbie

    win7er

    Joined:
    Dec 23, 2009
    Messages:
    1
    there are many free utilities, you may try others
    hdd-tool.com/hdd-monitor/free-disk-health-monitoring-utility.htm

    win7er, Dec 23, 2009