    Pop-Up?

    Can anyone tell me how to get rid of it?
    Thanks in anticipation.
    =?Utf-8?B?Q29uZnVzZWQ=?=, Jun 13, 2005

  2. =?Utf-8?B?Q29uZnVzZWQ=?=

    Clark Guest

    If you look at the bottom of the wireless connection in Network
    Connections-properties-wireless-properties, there is a check box for "Notify
    me when this connection has limited or no connectivity".. Maybe unchecking
    it will help.

    Do you know what type of signal strength you are getting? If the signal is
    weak or breaking up, it will slow down your connection.

    Clark

    Clark, Jun 14, 2005

  3. =?Utf-8?B?Q29uZnVzZWQ=?=

    Pavel A. Guest

    Now I'm confused too..
    What on the earth is the "Local Area Connection 2"?
    Is it your wireless adapter? If yes, you should be using some non-MS
    wireless utility, because under pure XP, names of wireless connections
    begin with "Wireless".
    --PA

    Pavel A., Jun 14, 2005
  4. =?Utf-8?B?Q29uZnVzZWQ=?=

    rupert Guest

    "Confused" <> wrote in message
    >I have just switched from an in-line router to a Wirless one.
    > Everything is working fine only that every few seconds a Balloon window
    > keeps popping up at the bottom of the screen that says
    > "Local Area Connection 2, A Network Cable is Unplugged"
    >
    > Everything that should be plugged in is. The main PC is working and gets
    > on
    > the Internet OK. The same applies to the Laptop which is being used as
    > Wireless.
    >
    > If everything is working OK, why do I keep getting this annoying Balloon
    > Pop-Up?
    >
    > Can anyone tell me how to get rid of it?
    > Thanks in anticipation.

    Yes that is the correct message. You have a LAN card which enables you to
    connect to a network via a wired connection. You are using wireless so no
    cable is plugged into you laptop---hence the message

    Press Start Button>Connect to>Show all connections
    Local Aread connection -right click >properties>disable
    rupert, Jun 14, 2005