confused newbie needs recommendations

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by howldog, Oct 26, 2004.

  1. howldog

    howldog Guest

    Hello.

    Looking to buy either a good DVD recorder, or, a new computer,
    whichever is cheaper and will accomplish what i want to do.

    We have lots of vinyl LPS, cassettes, and Video tapes that i want to
    convert to digital and burn onto DVD.

    Our computer is a four year old Compac Presario, running Windoze
    Millen-idiot. It's OK, certainly not a blazing machine.

    I dont believe it has any analog inputs. Altho it might. It does not
    have a soundcard, instead, it has one of those sound chips right on
    the motherboard.

    Are there DVD recorders that i can plug my analog source players into
    directly, and use it to convert to dig, and then burn onto DVD? Or
    will i need to do that via computer? that might steer me towards
    buying a new computer with built in DVD burner

    Any recommendations?

    thank you
    howldog, Oct 26, 2004