conflict with disc emulator software

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by steven, Jun 2, 2005.

  1. steven

    steven Guest

    ok so its not as bad as you are thinking...

    i purchased Counterstrike Condition Zero today, first thing i do is install
    the buggar and of course play it (as you do).

    anyway my bliss was wilfully and knowingly blowen away by a little dialouge
    box that poped up - 'conflict with disc emulator software' - wtf?

    yes iam running disc emulation software why should securom care i am
    running a 'certian' pice of somebody elses sofware.

    urgh - it just pisses me off

    guess its time to hunt through some crack sites, and prey i dont get a
    virus in the process - last time i purchase any sierra titles.

    what a perfect end to a perfect fucking day

    --
    -------------------------------------
    Steven H (.net geek)
    steven, Jun 2, 2005

  2. steven

    Invisible Guest

    On Thu, 2 Jun 2005 22:20:43 +1200, steven <> wrote:

    >ok so its not as bad as you are thinking...
    >
    >i purchased Counterstrike Condition Zero today, first thing i do is install
    >the buggar and of course play it (as you do).
    >
    >anyway my bliss was wilfully and knowingly blowen away by a little dialouge
    >box that poped up - 'conflict with disc emulator software' - wtf?
    >
    >yes iam running disc emulation software why should securom care i am
    >running a 'certian' pice of somebody elses sofware.
    >
    >urgh - it just pisses me off
    >
    >guess its time to hunt through some crack sites, and prey i dont get a
    >virus in the process - last time i purchase any sierra titles.
    >
    >what a perfect end to a perfect fucking day

    gamecopyworld.com have a virus free CZ NO-CD patch :)
    Invisible, Jun 2, 2005

  3. steven

    ~misfit~ Guest

    steven wrote:
    > ok so its not as bad as you are thinking...
    >
    > i purchased Counterstrike Condition Zero today, first thing i do is
    > install the buggar and of course play it (as you do).
    >
    > anyway my bliss was wilfully and knowingly blowen away by a little
    > dialouge box that poped up - 'conflict with disc emulator software' -
    > wtf?
    >
    > yes iam running disc emulation software why should securom care i am
    > running a 'certian' pice of somebody elses sofware.
    >
    > urgh - it just pisses me off
    >
    > guess its time to hunt through some crack sites, and prey i dont get a
    > virus in the process - last time i purchase any sierra titles.
    >
    > what a perfect end to a perfect fucking day

    Rip the disk with CloneCD and run the image with Daemon Tools, it does
    Securom emulation quite well. I run all my games from images, bugger
    changing CDs all the time and risking scratching the $100 things. Each one
    gets used once, to rip an image, then it goes in the drawer.
    --
    ~misfit~
    ~misfit~, Jun 2, 2005
  4. steven wrote:
    > ok so its not as bad as you are thinking...
    >
    > i purchased Counterstrike Condition Zero today, first thing i do is install
    > the buggar and of course play it (as you do).
    >
    > anyway my bliss was wilfully and knowingly blowen away by a little dialouge
    > box that poped up - 'conflict with disc emulator software' - wtf?
    >
    > yes iam running disc emulation software why should securom care i am
    > running a 'certian' pice of somebody elses sofware.
    >
    > urgh - it just pisses me off
    >
    > guess its time to hunt through some crack sites, and prey i dont get a
    > virus in the process - last time i purchase any sierra titles.

    from memory you can simply un-install the "emulation software", install
    CS-CZ, and then re-install your "emulation software
    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Jun 2, 2005