    ....hi

    --
    ....scribble...scribble...scribble...
    umwhat, May 24, 2008

  2. Set all three to use DHCP, not a fixed IP address. The router will then hand
    out the addresses and keep track of who has what.

    ncpa.cpl opens the network connections on the windows machines. You're on
    your own for the Mac. Select the adapter, select properties from the right
    click menu, highlight tcp/ip v4, click properties. change the settings to
    "Obtain an IP address automatically", and the same for the DNS entry.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/blogs/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, May 24, 2008

  3. umwhat

    umwhat Guest

    I'm not sure the disconnections we experience are because of the conflict
    or the house telephone wiring so this is a help. Thankyou Charlie.

    umwhat, May 24, 2008
  4. umwhat

    umwhat Guest

    I did find that the 3 computers using the router have different IP addresses
    and were configured as you stated but I did not check the configuration of
    the MAC.
    The Vista PC does not show its IP address in the router online
    configuration webpage but the others do. Its IP address is different ass
    seen in its own configuration.

    umwhat, May 24, 2008
  5. House telephone wiring?

    sorry, can't solve that one.

    Charlie Russel - MVP, May 24, 2008
  6. umwhat

    umwhat Guest

    We are experiencing the fastest internet speeds ever since we had pcs 4 years
    ago and this came just when the Phoenix landed on mars so we could watch the
    coverage of the landing live without interruptins which was a real treat
    after these 4 years. So these problems are really not something we are
    worried about alot. Thankyou Charlie.

    umwhat, May 27, 2008