Configuring Zoom5800 for sipgate?

Discussion in 'UK VOIP' started by Dr Zoidberg, Mar 4, 2007.

  1. Dr Zoidberg

    Dr Zoidberg Guest

    Hi there.
    I've signed up for a sipgate account and tested it using their softphone on
    my laptop.
    The voice quality was acceptable so I bought a Zoom 5800 ATA from play.com
    as I've seen them mentioned as being ok.

    The only trouble is that there aren't any instructions on sipgate's site for
    this adaptor and the settings it mentions doesn't seem to match what I'm
    asked for.

    Is there anyone here who has this combination that can let me know what all
    the required settings are please?
    Thanks

    --
    Alex

    "I laugh in the face of danger. Then I hide until it goes away"

    www.drzoidberg.co.uk www.ebayfaq.co.uk
    Dr Zoidberg, Mar 4, 2007

  2. Dr Zoidberg

    Brian Guest

    On 2007-03-04, Dr Zoidberg <alexNOOOOOO!!!!!!!@drzoidberg.co.uk> wrote:

    > Hi there.
    > I've signed up for a sipgate account and tested it using their softphone on
    > my laptop.
    > The voice quality was acceptable so I bought a Zoom 5800 ATA from play.com
    > as I've seen them mentioned as being ok.
    >
    > The only trouble is that there aren't any instructions on sipgate's site for
    > this adaptor and the settings it mentions doesn't seem to match what I'm
    > asked for.
    >
    > Is there anyone here who has this combination that can let me know what all
    > the required settings are please?

    There is a fair amount of help to be found by searching with 'zoom' and
    'Sipgate'. This looks useful:

    http://www.voipfoneuserforum.com/about542.html

    Initially, you could try to register with:

    Phone number: Sipgate user number
    Auth user name: Sipgate user number
    Auth Password: Sipgate password
    Preferred codecs: G.711u
    Domain name:
    Proxy domain: sipgate.co.uk
    Register domain: sipgate.co.uk

    Brian.
    Brian, Mar 5, 2007

  3. Dr Zoidberg

    Dr Zoidberg Guest

    "Brian" <> wrote in message
    > On 2007-03-04, Dr Zoidberg <alexNOOOOOO!!!!!!!@drzoidberg.co.uk> wrote:
    >
    >> Hi there.
    >> I've signed up for a sipgate account and tested it using their softphone
    >> on
    >> my laptop.
    >> The voice quality was acceptable so I bought a Zoom 5800 ATA from
    >> play.com
    >> as I've seen them mentioned as being ok.
    >>
    >> The only trouble is that there aren't any instructions on sipgate's site
    >> for
    >> this adaptor and the settings it mentions doesn't seem to match what I'm
    >> asked for.
    >>
    >> Is there anyone here who has this combination that can let me know what
    >> all
    >> the required settings are please?

    > There is a fair amount of help to be found by searching with 'zoom' and
    > 'Sipgate'. This looks useful:
    >
    > http://www.voipfoneuserforum.com/about542.html
    >
    > Initially, you could try to register with:
    >
    > Phone number: Sipgate user number
    > Auth user name: Sipgate user number
    > Auth Password: Sipgate password
    > Preferred codecs: G.711u
    > Domain name:
    > Proxy domain: sipgate.co.uk
    > Register domain: sipgate.co.uk

    Still no luck , and Sipgate support were no use at all.

    Alex
    Dr Zoidberg, Mar 19, 2007
  4. Dr Zoidberg

    Guest

    On Mon, 19 Mar 2007 18:48:42 -0000, "Dr Zoidberg"
    <AlexNOOOO!!!!!@drzoidberg.co.uk> wrote:

    >Still no luck , and Sipgate support were no use at all.

    Are Sipgate of any use for anything ! .
    , Mar 19, 2007
  5. Dr Zoidberg

    alexd Guest

    Dr Zoidberg wrote:

    > "Brian" <> wrote in message

    >> There is a fair amount of help to be found by searching with 'zoom' and
    >> 'Sipgate'. This looks useful:
    >>
    >> http://www.voipfoneuserforum.com/about542.html
    >>
    >> Initially, you could try to register with:
    >>
    >> Phone number: Sipgate user number
    >> Auth user name: Sipgate user number
    >> Auth Password: Sipgate password
    >> Preferred codecs: G.711u
    >> Domain name:
    >> Proxy domain: sipgate.co.uk
    >> Register domain: sipgate.co.uk
    >>

    > Still no luck , and Sipgate support were no use at all.

    Why do you expect Sipgate to support hardware you bought from someone else?
    You've already proven that your issues are nothing to do with your Sipgate
    account by setting it up with X-Lite. All you should need is a username,
    password and SIP proxy.

    --
    <http://ale.cx/> (AIM:troffasky) ()
    22:29:41 up 25 days, 2:42, 2 users, load average: 0.47, 0.42, 0.38
    alexd, Mar 19, 2007
  6. Dr Zoidberg

    Ivor Jones Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > On Mon, 19 Mar 2007 18:48:42 -0000, "Dr Zoidberg"
    > <AlexNOOOO!!!!!@drzoidberg.co.uk> wrote:
    >

    > > Still no luck , and Sipgate support were no use at all.
    > >

    > Are Sipgate of any use for anything ! .

    Yawn...

    Ivor
    Ivor Jones, Mar 20, 2007
  7. Dr Zoidberg

    Dr Zoidberg Guest

    alexd wrote:
    > Dr Zoidberg wrote:
    >
    >> "Brian" <> wrote in message

    >>> There is a fair amount of help to be found by searching with 'zoom'
    >>> and 'Sipgate'. This looks useful:
    >>>
    >>> http://www.voipfoneuserforum.com/about542.html
    >>>
    >>> Initially, you could try to register with:
    >>>
    >>> Phone number: Sipgate user number
    >>> Auth user name: Sipgate user number
    >>> Auth Password: Sipgate password
    >>> Preferred codecs: G.711u
    >>> Domain name:
    >>> Proxy domain: sipgate.co.uk
    >>> Register domain: sipgate.co.uk
    >>>

    >> Still no luck , and Sipgate support were no use at all.

    > Why do you expect Sipgate to support hardware you bought from someone
    > else?

    Because they offer a support service where they offer advice on configuring
    all sorts of VOIP equipment , some that they sell and some that they don't.

    Dr Zoidberg, Mar 20, 2007
  8. Dr Zoidberg

    Guest

    On Tue, 20 Mar 2007 01:55:41 -0000, "Ivor Jones"
    <> wrote:

    ><> wrote in message
    >> On Mon, 19 Mar 2007 18:48:42 -0000, "Dr Zoidberg"
    >> <AlexNOOOO!!!!!@drzoidberg.co.uk> wrote:
    >>

    >> > Still no luck , and Sipgate support were no use at all.
    >> >

    >> Are Sipgate of any use for anything ! .

    >Yawn...

    When in Gods name are you going to stop thinking the sun shines out of
    their German arseholes because I can tell you it dosen't, get a decent
    voip provider get voip.co.uk that provides a UK tech telephone support
    number with a person who spekes English to answer it .
    , Mar 20, 2007
  9. Dr Zoidberg

    Desk Rabbit Guest

    Dr Zoidberg wrote:
    > alexd wrote:
    >> Dr Zoidberg wrote:
    >>
    >>> "Brian" <> wrote in message

    >>> Still no luck , and Sipgate support were no use at all.

    >> Why do you expect Sipgate to support hardware you bought from someone
    >> else?

    > Because they offer a support service where they offer advice on configuring
    > all sorts of VOIP equipment , some that they sell and some that they don't.

    With that sort of logic, you might as well ask them how to program your
    Sky+ box while you are at it.
    Desk Rabbit, Mar 20, 2007
  10. Dr Zoidberg

    Dr Zoidberg Guest

    Desk Rabbit wrote:
    > Dr Zoidberg wrote:
    >> alexd wrote:

    >>> Why do you expect Sipgate to support hardware you bought from
    >>> someone else?

    >> Because they offer a support service where they offer advice on
    >> configuring all sorts of VOIP equipment , some that they sell and
    >> some that they don't.

    > With that sort of logic, you might as well ask them how to program
    > your Sky+ box while you are at it.

    What are you wittering about?
    They offer configuration advice on a range of ATAs to use them with their
    service , some that they sell directly and others that they don't.
    Is is in their benefit to help users to make calls.
    I asked them for help configuring one that they don't sell , that some
    people use successfully , and they weren't much help.

    Quite where you get the impression that I , or anyone else , thinks that
    they should assist with totally unrelated matters is beyond me.

    Dr Zoidberg, Mar 20, 2007
  11. Dr Zoidberg

    Rob Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > On Tue, 20 Mar 2007 01:55:41 -0000, "Ivor Jones"
    > >
    > >Yawn...

    > When in Gods name are you going to stop thinking the sun shines out of
    > their German arseholes because I can tell you it dosen't, get a decent
    > voip provider get voip.co.uk that provides a UK tech telephone support
    > number with a person who spekes English to answer it .

    Even when Ivor doesn't bother to rise to your childish bait you still have
    to give us one of your boring repetitive utterings, and it's not very
    fitting for you to condemn some Germans for not being able to speak English
    when you seem to struggle with it yourself.

    You may make the occasional helpful post in here, but mostly you come across
    as a bit of a retard.

    We all know how you feel about Sipgate (how could anyone not know), so why
    can't you just let people post without hijacking whenever you see the
    slightest opportunity?

    Rob
    Rob, Mar 20, 2007
  12. Dr Zoidberg

    Ivor Jones Guest

    <> wrote in message

    [snip]

    Ivor Jones, Mar 20, 2007
  13. Dr Zoidberg

    Guest

    visit http://www.newtonfield.org for a dedicated Zoom forum.

    > [snip]
    >
    > > When in Gods name are you going to stop thinking the sun
    > > shines out of their German arseholes because I can tell
    > > you it dosen't, get a decent voip provider get voip.co.uk
    > > that provides a UK tech telephone support number with a
    > > person who spekes English to answer it .

    > Yawn...
    >
    > Ivor
    , Mar 28, 2007