Configuring XP firewall for Cisco VPN Client

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by Raphael Goubet, Oct 9, 2003.

  1. Hello,

    I'd like to configure the Windows XP built-in firewall to allow a VPN
    connection using the Cisco client to pass through, but I don't manage.

    When I'm in the connection properties of my Internet connection, I go
    to the "Advanced" tab, check the box and click on "Parameters". I
    create a new service for my VPN connection, and add the IP address of
    the VPN server. Now, it gets more complicated for me:

    My Cisco client is configured to allow transparent tunelling, with
    IPSec over TCP on port 10000 (whatever that means). When I check the
    firewall log, I see lines like this:

    2003-10-08 09:17:31 OPEN UDP y.y.y.y x.x.x.x 3012 62514 - - - - - - -
    -

    (I replaced the IP addresses).

    Now, I don't know if I shoud choose TCP or UDP in the service
    parameters, which is the internal port and which is the external port.

    I think I tried every combination, but it never worked.

    Could someone help me?

    Thanks in advance.

    Raphael

    --