    Also, I am unfamiliar with Windows Zero Configuration.
    --
    John

    John, May 14, 2010

  2. John

    Mark Fuller

    Joined:
    Dec 27, 2008
    Messages:
    20
    Go to Microsoft's website and look up how to configure wireless zero configuration or google how to configure wireless configuration. You can get instructions how to configure it, also make sure wzc is turned on computer management before you configure your card, you can google that too.

    Last edited: May 15, 2010
    Mark Fuller, May 15, 2010

  3. "John" <> wrote in message

    > I'm running XP SP3 on a Tower PC. I just got a wireless NIC from

    Rosewill.
    > I understand about installing the hardware. Their instructions for
    > configuring the adapter indicate that I should reboot after installing the
    > card; I should then cancel the 'found new hardware wizard' and run either

    > Windows Zero Configuration utility OR their own Ralink Wireless utility.

    Do
    > you have any insight into which I should use, and why I should not use the
    > default wizard from Windows?

    This is normal, i.e. most router manufacturers' offer you
    a choice between their house brand software and the
    Windows wizard. You may need to disable the one in
    order to use the other effectively.

    --
    Don Phillipson
    Carlsbad Springs

    Don Phillipson, May 15, 2010
  4. Hi
    In most cases using WZC provides smoother Wireless.
    However the Vendor utilities some time have special chipset related
    functions that some time can help users with specific needs.
    Install both and give both a try. Just make sure that both do not work at
    the same time.
    When you try the Vendor's utility disable the WZC service.
    http://www.ezlan.net/wzc.html
    When you us WZC enable the service and make sure that the Vendor's is not in
    the startup.
    Jack (MS, MVP-Networking).

    Jack [MVP-Networking], May 15, 2010