Configuring VPN through Cisco PIX and ISA Server in Back-to-back scenario

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by Dejan Gambin, Oct 16, 2003.

  1. Dejan Gambin

    Dejan Gambin Guest

    Hello,

    I have a back to back scenario with PIX and ISA Server like:

    client->Internet->Router->Pix->DMZ->ISA Server->Local network
    (so there are 3 subnets)

    I would like to setup VPN conenction from my client (Cisco VPN client)
    to my Local network. I am using PIX version 6.3 and ISA Server 2000. I
    have successfully built a VPN connection from the client to the PIX
    using IPSec with Easy VPN Server Wizard, but I don't know how to go
    further and access my local network.

    Do I have to setup PIX for IPSec passthrough? If yes, than what ports
    do I have to open? UDP 500 and IP protocol ID 50 (ESP)? I have NAT
    traversal established on PIX.

    Is there a way to use PIX as a VPN server (for authentication) and
    access my local network?

    Thanks in advance

    Dejan Gambin
    Dejan Gambin, Oct 16, 2003