    authorisation required. need SMTP authorisation' see btyahoo help. bt yahoo
    help says set client to SMTP authorisation? going round in circles. anyone
    know the answer? Teddy
    teddy, Jan 21, 2006

  2. teddy

    Mike Easter Guest

    teddy wrote:
    > Running a photo program called Olympus camedia pro which allows
    > photos to be e mailed. On sending e mail photo get error message
    > 'sender refused 503 authorisation required. need SMTP authorisation'
    > see btyahoo help. bt yahoo help says set client to SMTP
    > authorisation? going round in circles. anyone know the answer?

    Yes.

    Your camera doesn't grok smtp authorization.

    Google btyahoo help

    http://www.btopenworld.com/mail/helpandsupport Help and Support - BT
    Yahoo! Mail

    7. What are my mail servers?
    Your Incoming Mail (POP3) = mail.btinternet.com
    Outgoing Mail (SMTP) = mail.btinternet.com

    8. What is my account name and password?
    Account name = first part of your email address (before '@') e.g.
    joe.bloggs @btinternet.com
    Password = password you choose when registering

    Whether or not your camera is capable of functioning properly as an smtp
    authorization mail client is another question.

    Google Olympus camedia pro

    http://www.olympusamerica.com/cpg_section/camediamaster40_faqs.asp?qt=10
    What important information do I need to know to email my photos using
    Camedia Master 4.0/4.1 Pro? -

    * The mail server will allow a non-authenticated email client to send
    email without requiring a password *

    --
    Mike Easter
    Mike Easter, Jan 21, 2006

  3. teddy

    Mike Easter Guest

    Mike Easter wrote:

    > Your camera doesn't grok smtp authorization.

    > Outgoing Mail (SMTP) = mail.btinternet.com

    http://www.btopenworld.com/faqs/manual_email_setup

    Step 10.Select the [Servers] tab.
    Click the My server requires authentication box to place a tick inside.

    <follows this screenshot
    http://www.btopenworld.com/yahoomail/images/smtp4.jpg showing OE being
    configured for smtp auth>

    > * The mail server will allow a non-authenticated email client to send
    > email without requiring a password *

    Said another way, your provider's smtp server requires authorization.
    Your camera can't do that.

    The earlier link
    http://www.olympusamerica.com/cpg_section/camediamaster40_faqs.asp?qt=10
    explains it in greater detail and says that if your provider can't
    provide the non-authenticated type of email, that you can't email
    directly from the camera.

    You'll have to access the files and send them with a real email client.

    --
    Mike Easter
    Mike Easter, Jan 21, 2006