  1. Wog

    Wog Guest

    What do I need to do?
    Wog, Nov 6, 2004

  2. Wog

    tatties Guest

    "Wog" <> wrote in message
    news:E%cjd.4488$...
    > What do I need to do?

    Install fax modem with fax software.
    Connect to phone line.
    Type document
    Click Print
    Select Fax as printer, fill in cover page details, Click Send.
    tatties, Nov 6, 2004

  3. Wog

    Geronimo Guest

    On Sun, 7 Nov 2004 12:21:08 +1300, "Wog" <> wrote:

    >What do I need to do?

    Get a cheap Fax machine from a SH shop, far better than leaving a PC on all
    year..
    Geronimo, Nov 6, 2004
  4. Wog

    Wog Guest

    "Geronimo" <> wrote in message
    > On Sun, 7 Nov 2004 12:21:08 +1300, "Wog" <> wrote:
    >
    >>What do I need to do?
    >>

    > Get a cheap Fax machine from a SH shop, far better than leaving a PC on
    > all
    > year..

    Except of Course I don't have faxability in this area..
    Wog, Nov 7, 2004
  5. Wog

    Geronimo Guest

    On Sun, 7 Nov 2004 13:32:36 +1300, "Wog" <> wrote:

    >"Geronimo" <> wrote in message
    >> On Sun, 7 Nov 2004 12:21:08 +1300, "Wog" <> wrote:
    >>
    >>>What do I need to do?
    >>>

    >> Get a cheap Fax machine from a SH shop, far better than leaving a PC on
    >> all
    >> year..

    >Except of Course I don't have faxability in this area..

    How can that make a difference ..?

    They both use a Phone line..
    Geronimo, Nov 7, 2004
  6. Wog

    MarkH Guest

    Geronimo <> wrote in

    > On Sun, 7 Nov 2004 12:21:08 +1300, "Wog" <> wrote:
    >
    >>What do I need to do?
    >>

    > Get a cheap Fax machine from a SH shop, far better than leaving a PC
    > on all year..

    Ahh, but what if Wog has a PC he leaves on 24/7 anyway?

    Of course it would be nice if people moved into the current century and
    started using E-Mail.

    --
    Mark Heyes (New Zealand)
    See my pics at www.gigatech.co.nz (last updated 7-nov-2004)
    MarkH, Nov 7, 2004
  7. "Wog" <> wrote in message
    > What do I need to do?

    Boot to a dos prompt from a floppy disc
    Type format c:
    This configures your bios to accept telephony signals
    Andrei Sharko, Nov 7, 2004
  8. Wog

    Collector_NZ Guest

    Andrei Sharko said the following on 7/11/2004 17:02:
    > "Wog" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>What do I need to do?

    > Boot to a dos prompt from a floppy disc
    > Type format c:
    > This configures your bios to accept telephony signals

    Dont you mean
    format c: /u <y ^M
    since this gives you automatic faxability

    Local 40.9000°S, 174.9830°E | |
    A lie can travel halfway around the world
    while the truth is putting on its shoes.-Mark Twain
    "A government that robs Peter to pay Paul
    can always depend upon the support of Paul."...George Bernard Shaw
    Collector_NZ, Nov 7, 2004
  9. Wog

    Wog Guest

    "Geronimo" <> wrote in message
    > On Sun, 7 Nov 2004 13:32:36 +1300, "Wog" <> wrote:
    >

    >>"Geronimo" <> wrote in message

    >>> Get a cheap Fax machine from a SH shop, far better than leaving a PC on
    >>> all
    >>> year..

    >>Except of Course I don't have faxability in this area..
    >>

    > How can that make a difference ..?
    >
    > They both use a Phone line..

    The difference is that I'm not running up and down the stairs to turn the
    fax on for a fax and again to turn the fn thing off to recieve a phone
    call... the difference is that when I make a call home I'm not screwed by
    having my cell phone answered by the fn fax at great expense to me and great
    profit to telecom.
    That's the difference.
    Wog, Nov 7, 2004
  10. Wog

    Geronimo Guest

    On Sun, 7 Nov 2004 17:47:46 +1300, "Wog" <> wrote:

    >"Geronimo" <> wrote in message
    >> On Sun, 7 Nov 2004 13:32:36 +1300, "Wog" <> wrote:
    >>

    >>>"Geronimo" <> wrote in message

    >>>Except of Course I don't have faxability in this area..
    >>>

    >> How can that make a difference ..?
    >>
    >> They both use a Phone line..
    >>

    >The difference is that I'm not running up and down the stairs to turn the
    >fax on for a fax and again to turn the fn thing off to recieve a phone
    >call... the difference is that when I make a call home I'm not screwed by
    >having my cell phone answered by the fn fax at great expense to me and great
    >profit to telecom.
    >That's the difference.

    So its the same with the PC no difference, you have the same problem..
    Geronimo, Nov 7, 2004
  11. On Sun, 7 Nov 2004 17:02:31 +1300, Andrei Sharko wrote:

    > "Wog" <> wrote in message
    >> What do I need to do?

    > Boot to a dos prompt from a floppy disc
    > Type format c:
    > This configures your bios to accept telephony signals

    Can you please send me a suitable floppy disc. I don't think I have one.
    Will it work in my cdrom writer as a don't have think I have a floppy
    drive. My friend says they were only used on 486s or less, whatever that
    means. Thanks.
    wogers nemesis, Nov 7, 2004
  12. In article <SNhjd.4603$> in nz.comp on Sun, 7
    Nov 2004 17:47:46 +1300, Wog <> says...

    > "Geronimo" <> wrote in message
    > > On Sun, 7 Nov 2004 13:32:36 +1300, "Wog" <> wrote:
    > >

    > >>"Geronimo" <> wrote in message

    > >>Except of Course I don't have faxability in this area..
    > >>

    > > How can that make a difference ..?
    > >
    > > They both use a Phone line..
    > >

    > The difference is that I'm not running up and down the stairs to turn the
    > fax on for a fax and again to turn the fn thing off to recieve a phone
    > call...

    Just about any fax on the market can be remote activated from an
    extension phone. As soon as you hear the fax tones, push the activation
    code and hang up.
    Patrick Dunford, Nov 7, 2004