    --
    Bill
    Iesus, tanto nomini nullum par elogium
    Bill, Sep 29, 2003

  2. Bill

    Brian H¹© Guest

    Bill said:

    > I had hopes of configuring OE6 so that when my curser was on an incoming
    > message it would not open until I 'double clicked' on it. IOW.. lets say a
    > spam message comes in that I want to delete without opening.. so as not to
    > send back a message to the sender that I opened it.. How can I delete this
    > message without it being opened?
    >
    > I went to Tools | Options | Read and unchecked Automatically open
    >
    > Thanks,

    Turn off the preview pane.
    Brian H¹©, Sep 29, 2003

  3. Bill

    Ionizer Guest

    "Bill" <> wrote in message
    > I had hopes of configuring OE6 so that when my curser was on an incoming
    > message it would not open until I 'double clicked' on it. IOW.. lets say

    > spam message comes in that I want to delete without opening.. so as not to
    > send back a message to the sender that I opened it.. How can I delete this
    > message without it being opened?
    >
    > I went to Tools | Options | Read and unchecked Automatically open
    >
    > Thanks,
    > --
    > Bill
    > Iesus, tanto nomini nullum par elogium

    Go to View|Layout: un-check "show preview pane."

    Regards,
    Ian.
    Ionizer, Sep 29, 2003
  4. Bill

    ilmc Guest

    Brian H¹© typed:

    > Turn off the preview pane.

    Did that at work this morning. Now I'm at home, OE has no "preview". I
    must have been _really_ pissed lasted night.
    :)
    (hic)
    ilmc, Sep 29, 2003
  5. Bill

    Brian H¹© Guest

    ilmc said:

    > Brian H¹© typed:
    >>
    >> Turn off the preview pane.

    > Did that at work this morning. Now I'm at home, OE has no "preview". I
    > must have been _really_ pissed lasted night.
    > :)
    > (hic)

    Tools | Options | Read | Automatically download message when viewing in the
    preview pane.

    I must admit that I can't find anything to turn the preview pane off, so this
    must be ver 6's answer to security.
    Brian H¹©, Sep 30, 2003
  6. Bill

    trout Guest

    Brian H¹© wrote:

    > ilmc said:

    >> Brian H¹© typed:
    >>>
    >>> Turn off the preview pane.

    >> Did that at work this morning. Now I'm at home, OE has no
    >> "preview". I must have been _really_ pissed lasted night.
    >> :)
    >> (hic)

    > Tools | Options | Read | Automatically download message when viewing
    > in the preview pane.
    >
    > I must admit that I can't find anything to turn the preview pane off,
    > so this must be ver 6's answer to security.

    Well, it's still under View > Layout....
    --
    "Or am I misunderstanding what you said?"
    trout, Sep 30, 2003
  7. Bill

    Brian H¹© Guest

    trout said:

    > Brian H¹© wrote:
    >
    >> ilmc said:

    >>> Brian H¹© typed:

    >>> Did that at work this morning. Now I'm at home, OE has no
    >>> "preview". I must have been _really_ pissed lasted night.
    >>> :)
    >>> (hic)

    >> Tools | Options | Read | Automatically download message when viewing
    >> in the preview pane.
    >>
    >> I must admit that I can't find anything to turn the preview pane off,
    >> so this must be ver 6's answer to security.

    > Well, it's still under View > Layout....

    Ah, yes, the amount of times I forget about that part of the menu :-S
    Brian H¹©, Sep 30, 2003
  8. Bill

    ilmc Guest

    Brian H¹© typed:
    > ilmc said:

    >> Brian H¹© typed:
    >>>
    >>> Turn off the preview pane.

    >> Did that at work this morning. Now I'm at home, OE has no
    >> "preview". I must have been _really_ pissed lasted night.
    >> :)
    >> (hic)

    > Tools | Options | Read | Automatically download message when viewing
    > in the preview pane.
    >
    > I must admit that I can't find anything to turn the preview pane off,
    > so this must be ver 6's answer to security.

    Trout is right (as usual). Interestingly, it turn or the preview for email
    but not for ngs. Odd.
    ilmc, Sep 30, 2003
  9. Bill

    ilmc Guest

    > Brian H¹© typed:
    >> ilmc said:

    >>> Brian H¹© typed:

    >>> Did that at work this morning. Now I'm at home, OE has no
    >>> "preview". I must have been _really_ pissed lasted night.
    >>> :)
    >>> (hic)

    >> Tools | Options | Read | Automatically download message when viewing
    >> in the preview pane.
    >>
    >> I must admit that I can't find anything to turn the preview pane off,
    >> so this must be ver 6's answer to security.

    > Trout is right (as usual). Interestingly, it turn or the preview for
    > email but not for ngs. Odd.

    Bugger.
    1) I ment to reply to Brian
    2) it seems I'm pissed again and can't hit the key I'm aiming at
    3) of to bed
    :)
    ilmc, Sep 30, 2003
  10. Bill

    Brian H¹© Guest

    ilmc said:

    > Brian H¹© typed:
    >> ilmc said:

    >>> Brian H¹© typed:

    >>> Did that at work this morning. Now I'm at home, OE has no
    >>> "preview". I must have been _really_ pissed lasted night.
    >>> :)
    >>> (hic)

    >> Tools | Options | Read | Automatically download message when viewing
    >> in the preview pane.
    >>
    >> I must admit that I can't find anything to turn the preview pane off,
    >> so this must be ver 6's answer to security.

    > Trout is right (as usual). Interestingly, it turn or the preview for email
    > but not for ngs. Odd.

    You need to be in an ng to turn it off, it has 2 parts to it, 1 for mail, one
    for ng's.
    Brian H¹©, Sep 30, 2003
  11. Bill

    Patience Guest

    View .. turn off preview pane in there.

    Patience, Sep 30, 2003
  12. Bill

    Brian H¹© Guest

    ilmc said:

    >> Brian H¹© typed:

    >>> Tools | Options | Read | Automatically download message when viewing
    >>> in the preview pane.
    >>>
    >>> I must admit that I can't find anything to turn the preview pane off,
    >>> so this must be ver 6's answer to security.

    >> Trout is right (as usual). Interestingly, it turn or the preview for
    >> email but not for ngs. Odd.

    > Bugger.
    > 1) I ment to reply to Brian

    LOL, you did reply to me.

    Brian H¹©, Sep 30, 2003
  13. Bill

    Patience Guest

    "Brian H¹©" <> wrote in message
    > trout said:
    >
    > > Brian H¹© wrote:

    > >> Tools | Options | Read | Automatically download message when

    viewing
    > >> in the preview pane.
    > >>
    > >> I must admit that I can't find anything to turn the preview pane

    off,
    > >> so this must be ver 6's answer to security.

    > > Well, it's still under View > Layout....

    > Ah, yes, the amount of times I forget about that part of the menu :-S

    VIEW ... YOU TURN THE PREVIEW PANE OFF IN THERE!! YOU LOT THICK OR WHAT?
    Patience, Sep 30, 2003
  14. Bill

    Brian H¹© Guest

    Patience said:

    > "Brian H¹©" <> wrote in message
    >> trout said:

    >>> Well, it's still under View > Layout....

    >> Ah, yes, the amount of times I forget about that part of the menu :-S
    >>

    > VIEW ... YOU TURN THE PREVIEW PANE OFF IN THERE!! YOU LOT THICK OR WHAT?

    NO YOU DON'T, IT'S VIEW | LAYOUT.

    (now I've got a sore throat from shouting)
    Brian H¹©, Sep 30, 2003
  15. Bill

    bb3 Guest

    "Brian H¹©" <> wrote in message
    > Patience said:
    >
    > > "Brian H¹©" <> wrote in message

    > >> Ah, yes, the amount of times I forget about that part of the menu :-S
    > >>

    > > VIEW ... YOU TURN THE PREVIEW PANE OFF IN THERE!! YOU LOT THICK OR WHAT?

    > NO YOU DON'T, IT'S VIEW | LAYOUT.
    >
    > (now I've got a sore throat from shouting)

    I thought you were just hitting the keys real hard.
    bb3, Sep 30, 2003
  16. Bill

    Brian H¹© Guest

    Brian H¹©, Sep 30, 2003
  17. Bill

    Patience Guest

    "Brian H¹©" <> wrote in message
    > Patience said:
    >
    > > "Brian H¹©" <> wrote in message

    viewing

    off,

    > >> Ah, yes, the amount of times I forget about that part of the menu

    :-S

    > > VIEW ... YOU TURN THE PREVIEW PANE OFF IN THERE!! YOU LOT THICK OR

    WHAT?

    > NO YOU DON'T, IT'S VIEW | LAYOUT.
    >
    > (now I've got a sore throat from shouting)

    I HAVEN'T! BUT YOU ARE RIGHT SO I AM SORRY.
    Patience, Sep 30, 2003