    Can you guide me what is the server address for accessing google
    newsgroups.

    A S Narang
    asnarang.chd, Mar 22, 2007

  2. asnarang.chd

    Gordon Guest

    asnarang.chd wrote:
    > Can you guide me what is the server address for accessing google
    > newsgroups.
    >
    > A S Narang

    Google groups can ONLY be accessed in a web browser.
    if you wish to use a news reader then you have to subscribe to an NNTP
    server which Google is NOT.
    Gordon, Mar 22, 2007

  3. asnarang.chd

    Whiskers Guest

    On 2007-03-22, asnarang.chd <> wrote:
    > Can you guide me what is the server address for accessing google
    > newsgroups.
    >
    > A S Narang

    Google don't offer a news-server. Try a web search such as
    <http://www.mamma.com/Mamma?utfout=1&qtype=0&query=news+server&Submit=++Search++>

    --
    -- ^^^^^^^^^^
    -- Whiskers
    Whiskers, Mar 22, 2007
  4. asnarang.chd

    Mike Easter Guest

    asnarang.chd wrote:
    Subject: Configuring Newsgroups in Thunderbird.

    > Can you guide me what is the server address for accessing google
    > newsgroups.

    Your question as stated is ambiguous because of the term 'google
    newsgroups' and because the term 'server' implies an nntp newsserver

    Because you access two different kinds of 'newsgroups' when you use the
    GG googlegroups interface, google specific groups and usenet
    newsgroups...

    "What is a Google Group? - A Google Group is a user-owned group created
    using the Google Groups service."

    .... which some people refer to as google-specific, versus

    "What's the difference between a Usenet newsgroup and a Google Group?
    [...] "

    .... and so your 'concept' of 'newsgroups' which you access with google
    in your question is fuzzy.

    So, we'll change your question to state/ask, "? what is the/a nntp
    newsserver address for accessing usenet newsgroups now that I'm ready to
    use an nntp newsagent Thunderbird" -- because basically you cannot
    access the googlespecific groups with a nntp newsserver, except maybe
    one or two on a few nntp newsservers.

    Now comes the part of determining/finding and/or subscribing to such an
    nntp newsserver. Some information can be found at Sebastien Willemijns
    site http://80.247.230.136/nntpeng.htm and some more information can be
    obtained in the newsgroup alt.free.newsservers and you can also pay for
    some cheap non-expiring blocks at usenet-news, octanews, and astraweb.

    --
    Mike Easter
    Mike Easter, Mar 22, 2007