    There does not appear to be any such option for changing the server name
    in an existing installation without uninstalling and then reinstalling
    the console client. Is there any way of doing this?

    SchoolTech, Mar 9, 2006

  2. SchoolTech

    Dave Taylor Guest

    SchoolTech <> wrote in
    news::

    > When you install the Ghost console client on a desktop it gives an
    > option to specify the name of the Console server.
    >
    > There does not appear to be any such option for changing the server name
    > in an existing installation without uninstalling and then reinstalling
    > the console client. Is there any way of doing this?

    Took me about 2 minutes with Clusty. http://www.clusty.com
    Come on, do you even try google before posting?
    http://jfgi.us/

    "I also discovered a way to force the client to look for the new name of
    the ghost server and not the old one. This is necessary for multicasting to
    work. All I have to do is remove the public.crt file from the client and
    allow it to pull the new one from the server. If the new one is the same as
    the old one nothing will change."

    From:
    http://staff.rio.edu/bdonato/blog/?p=92

    --
    Ciao, Dave

    Dave Taylor, Mar 9, 2006

  3. SchoolTech

    Guest

    Dave Taylor wrote:
    > SchoolTech <> wrote in
    >
    > > When you install the Ghost console client on a desktop it gives an
    > > option to specify the name of the Console server.
    > >
    > > There does not appear to be any such option for changing the server name
    > > in an existing installation without uninstalling and then reinstalling
    > > the console client. Is there any way of doing this?
    > >

    > Took me about 2 minutes with Clusty. http://www.clusty.com
    > Come on, do you even try google before posting?
    > http://jfgi.us/
    >
    > "I also discovered a way to force the client to look for the new name of
    > the ghost server and not the old one. This is necessary for multicasting to
    > work. All I have to do is remove the public.crt file from the client and
    > allow it to pull the new one from the server. If the new one is the same as
    > the old one nothing will change."
    >
    > From:
    > http://staff.rio.edu/bdonato/blog/?p=92

    If you have more than one server then this is not such a good method,
    as you will pick up the first one that comes along. To force a client
    to connect to a particular server, you can edit pubkey.crt using
    notepad, and replace the contents with the server name.

    Note that the file is named "pubkey.crt", not "public.crt"

    , Mar 9, 2006