    broadband connection?? I am using wireless network and everythings
    working properly when zonealarm is shut down but would like to keep
    zonealarm on so everything stays safe while on-line. Thanks

    santa, Nov 10, 2005

  2. santa

    Evan Platt Guest

    On 10 Nov 2005 10:56:40 -0800, "santa"
    <> wrote:

    >Would you be able to tell me exactly how to configure ZoneAlarm Free on
    >main computer so that my laptop can connect with it without having to
    >shut down zonealarm so as the laptop can use the computer's printer and
    >broadband connection?? I am using wireless network and everythings
    >working properly when zonealarm is shut down but would like to keep
    >zonealarm on so everything stays safe while on-line. Thanks

    I wouldn't recommend Zone Alarm. MANY MANY problems.

    I use Sygate, and haven't had a problem with it on 2 computers.

    Evan Platt, Nov 10, 2005

  3. santa

    santa Guest

    ok thanks for the advice.

    santa, Nov 10, 2005
  4. santa

    PC Guest

    "santa" <> wrote in message
    > Would you be able to tell me exactly how to configure ZoneAlarm Free on
    > main computer so that my laptop can connect with it without having to
    > shut down zonealarm so as the laptop can use the computer's printer and
    > broadband connection?? I am using wireless network and everythings
    > working properly when zonealarm is shut down but would like to keep
    > zonealarm on so everything stays safe while on-line. Thanks

    Set a 'Trusted' IP range to match that asigned to your two PC's
    (Firewall on the left menu, Zones tab across the top, Add>>, IP Range and
    fill in the numbers.
    eg if your PC is 192.168.1.3 the laptop 192.168.1.5 and the gateway
    192.168.1.1 then set the trusted range to 192.168.1.1 - 192.168.1.255.
    (could also be in the 10.x.x.x or 172.16.x.x - 172.31.x.x ranges)
    To find your IP address:
    XP control panel, network connections, right click your LAN /Ethernet icon,
    left click 'Status', click the 'support' tab.
    Win 9x start, run, enter "winipcfg" press enter, select your ethernet
    adapter from the dropdown.

    Cheers
    Paul.

    PC, Nov 10, 2005