Configuring Firefox Browser For A Proxy Server

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Sandra28, Nov 3, 2006.

  1. Sandra28

    Sandra28 Guest

    Hello,

    (1) I need to know how to configure Firefox for Proxy I have got some
    information from this web link for IE 6 explorer.?

    http://math.arizona.edu/~support/howto/proxy/ie_lan.php

    (2) I managed to configure my IExplorer 6 to a UK server it lasted the
    connection for a while then I got "cannot find server" any one know
    about this?

    (3) does anyone here use www.findnot.com?

    Regards

    Sandra

    Sandra28, Nov 3, 2006

  2. Sandra28

    lkboop Guest

    Sandra28 wrote:
    > Hello,
    >

    > (1) I need to know how to configure Firefox for Proxy I have got some
    > information from this web link for IE 6 explorer.?
    >
    > http://math.arizona.edu/~support/howto/proxy/ie_lan.php
    >
    > (2) I managed to configure my IExplorer 6 to a UK server it lasted the
    > connection for a while then I got "cannot find server" any one know
    > about this?
    >
    > (3) does anyone here use www.findnot.com?
    >
    > Regards
    >
    > Sandra

    Click-tools-options-general-connection settings And there you are.

    lkboop, Nov 3, 2006

  3. Sandra28

    why? Guest

    On 3 Nov 2006 05:10:32 -0800, Sandra28 wrote:

    >Hello,
    >

    >(1) I need to know how to configure Firefox for Proxy I have got some
    >information from this web link for IE 6 explorer.?
    >
    >http://math.arizona.edu/~support/howto/proxy/ie_lan.php

    So at which point do you have a problem? The tab option / settings name
    may be different in FF, but the proxy detil is the same.

    http://www.google.com/search?q=configure firefox proxy
    finds an ISP specific site, the end settings may be different but the
    Tools / Option menu steps seem to be what you need.
    http://uniqueinternetservices.com/configure-proxy-for-firefox.html

    or FF help
    http://www.mozilla.org/support/firefox/
    near the end - Connection Settings
    or Press F1 with FF running, search for connection.

    >(2) I managed to configure my IExplorer 6 to a UK server it lasted the

    Any UK server? It's been taken off line, blocked by your ISP. It's not
    easy to guess / find out info / test as you didn't name the server.

    >connection for a while then I got "cannot find server" any one know
    >about this?
    >
    >(3) does anyone here use www.findnot.com?

    What here? If you mean here, then no. Others here's may be different,
    I'm not there so can't tell.

    Me

    why?, Nov 3, 2006