    Setup cannot copy the file fxscfgwz.dll, at wits end
    any suggestions on what I need to do??

    I have a HI-VAL pci data/fax modem 56k. Got a headache............

    sexton1, Dec 30, 2003

  2. sexton1

    °Mike° Guest

    When you attempt to install the Windows XP Fax Services,
    you receive 'Cannot copy file fxscfgwz.dll'
    http://www.jsiinc.com/SUBN/tip6900/rh6983.htm

    On Tue, 30 Dec 2003 17:40:03 -0500, in
    <>
    sexton1 scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Dec 30, 2003

  3. sexton1

    Patrick Guest

    sexton1 wrote:
    > I am having trouble fax. I am running XP pro.
    >
    > I started with add/remove prog, in Windows Components Wizard then
    > selected fax, when I got to where you insert windows xp pro CD rom,
    > go this:
    >
    > Setup cannot copy the file fxscfgwz.dll, at wits end
    > any suggestions on what I need to do??
    >
    > I have a HI-VAL pci data/fax modem 56k. Got a headache............

    Haveing just seen °Mike°'s link, my suspicion is reinforced !

    Put the XP-CD in drive, exit 'Splash Screen'
    Do above *before* going to 'Add/Remove Windows Components'

    I just installed the fax-software myself haveing put the CD in *first*.

    Patrick, Dec 30, 2003
  4. sexton1

    Doug Branham Guest

    Thank You So much Mike and Patrick.........Doug

    Doug Branham, Dec 31, 2003
  5. sexton1

    °Mike° Guest

    You're welcome.