    --
    SUN RIPENED KERNELS - Surplus Sun Microsystems Equipment, Parts + Accessories
    Location: Sydney, Australia - Web: http://www.sunrk.com.au - Get back on track
    Kralizec Craig, Jun 6, 2007

  2. "Kralizec Craig" <> ha scritto nel messaggio
    > Hi,
    >
    > I have a 2620 that currently routes my local network and connects to the
    > outside world via ISDN. I'm replacing that with ADSL via an external
    > router
    > (D-Link DSL-502T) and the way that I've been recommended to set it up is
    > have the Cisco do PPPoE over one of the secondary ether ports on the NM-4E
    > card in the router with the DSL router itself in bridge mode.
    >
    > Does anyone know of some documentation on how to configure the Cisco for
    > that setup?
    >
    > Thanks if you can provide some pointers....
    >
    > Craig.

    Hi,

    Something like this:

    interface <ethernetX>
    no ip address
    pppoe enable
    pppoe-client dial-pool-number 1

    interface <DialerX>
    ip address negotiated
    ip mtu 1492
    encapsulation ppp
    dialer pool 1
    dialer idle-timeout 0
    dialer persistent
    ppp <...>

    Regards,
    Gabriele
    Gabriele Beltrame, Jun 6, 2007

  3. "Gabriele Beltrame" <> writes:

    >"Kralizec Craig" <> ha scritto nel messaggio
    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> I have a 2620 that currently routes my local network and connects to the
    >> outside world via ISDN. I'm replacing that with ADSL via an external
    >> router
    >> (D-Link DSL-502T) and the way that I've been recommended to set it up is
    >> have the Cisco do PPPoE over one of the secondary ether ports on the NM-4E
    >> card in the router with the DSL router itself in bridge mode.
    >>
    >> Does anyone know of some documentation on how to configure the Cisco for
    >> that setup?
    >>
    >> Thanks if you can provide some pointers....
    >>
    >> Craig.
    >>

    >Hi,

    >Something like this:

    <snipped>

    Thanks that's a good starting point. Much appreciated.

    Craig.
    Kralizec Craig, Jun 18, 2007