    is possible to access multiple ISP's using Charter Broadband? I have been
    unable to find anything on this in the Help pages...

    Thanks for any info.

    Ramona, Jul 29, 2004

  2. Ramona

    Toolman Tim Guest

    "Ramona" <> wrote in message
    news:
    >| Is it possible to access an ATT account from the pop.charter.net
    >| account? I use Mozilla 1.7.1, and set up an ATT Mail Account. I
    >| find that I can Send mail using the ATT outgoing Mail Server, but
    >| when I send a mail to myself at that account, then try to retrieve
    >| that Mail, I always get a timeout and am unable to receive.
    >|
    >| What settings should I use in order to accomplish this. I assume
    >| that it is possible to access multiple ISP's using Charter
    >| Broadband? I have been unable to find anything on this in the Help
    >| pages...
    >|
    >| Thanks for any info.

    No, it is should not be possible. (If you have Charter, why do you want to
    use ATT mail?)

    Here's what the problem is: the ISP (Charter) is not going to allow you to
    send email through a 3rd party. That's called "relaying" and almost every
    ISP has blocked that, due to the abuse of ISPs and email accounts relaying
    mail to hide the source.

    Now, there should be a web mail site for ATT that allows you to do mail
    regardless of ISP... http://webmail.att.net

    THEY went." ~Will Rogers~

    Toolman Tim, Jul 29, 2004

  3. Ramona

    Ramona Guest

    On this day, 7/28/04 9:36 PM, the esteemed Toolman Tim replied, with the
    utmost intelligence
    > "Ramona" <> wrote in message
    >>| Is it possible to access an ATT account from the pop.charter.net
    >>| account? I use Mozilla 1.7.1, and set up an ATT Mail Account. I
    >>| find that I can Send mail using the ATT outgoing Mail Server, but
    >>| when I send a mail to myself at that account, then try to retrieve
    >>| that Mail, I always get a timeout and am unable to receive.
    >>|
    >>| What settings should I use in order to accomplish this. I assume
    >>| that it is possible to access multiple ISP's using Charter
    >>| Broadband? I have been unable to find anything on this in the Help
    >>| pages...
    >>|
    >>| Thanks for any info.

    > No, it is should not be possible. (If you have Charter, why do you want to
    > use ATT mail?)
    >
    > Here's what the problem is: the ISP (Charter) is not going to allow you to
    > send email through a 3rd party. That's called "relaying" and almost every
    > ISP has blocked that, due to the abuse of ISPs and email accounts relaying
    > mail to hide the source.
    >
    > Now, there should be a web mail site for ATT that allows you to do mail
    > regardless of ISP... http://webmail.att.net

    Thanks, and yes I can always access the accounts via the webmail interface.

    Ramona, Jul 29, 2004