    multiple subnets?

    Thanks for any help

    , Oct 26, 2006

  2. Hello ,

    > This is a layer 3 switch so it can easily handle routing packets from
    > one to the other. However i am not sure how to configure the switch to
    > do this when either could be coming in on the same port.

    use a secondary IP address on the interface or vlan that the port is connected
    to.
    ---
    Helge Olav Helgesen
    http://www.helge.net

    Helge Olav Helgesen, Oct 26, 2006

  3. factbased Guest

    You can have everything in the same vlan. Configure a gateway ip
    address from each subnet on the vlan interface, one normal and one with
    the "secondary" keyword after the netmask. The switch will have
    "connected" routes to both subnets and will be able to route between
    the subnets in the vlan by default.

    factbased, Oct 26, 2006