Configuring a T1 Multiflex Trunk port

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by anthony, Nov 22, 2003.

  1. anthony

    anthony Guest

    I am going to use a 1721 ata remote office. There is a point to point T-1
    coming in that I will need to channelize for voice and data.
    I can terminate the T-1 into the Cisco csu/dsu(WIC-1DSU-T1-V2) and use a
    VWIC-1MFT-T1 1-Port RJ-48 Multiflex Trunk - T1 to hand off to the PBX.

    I think I am clear on configuring the csu/dsu but I am not so sure on the
    RJ-48 Multiflex Trunk.

    I found this at Cisco
    (http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/routers/ps274/products_tech_note09186a00800f9d37.shtml)

    Configuration

    The T1 Multiflex Trunk ports are not configured like the T1 CSU/DSU WIC
    (WIC-1DSU-T1).
    The T1 Multiflex Trunk ports are configured as controller t1 <slot>/<port>
    similar to
    the Channelized T1 / ISDN PRI Network Module.
    This does not mean that the VWIC supports ISDN PRI. Protocol support
    depends on the host.

    Does anyone have a better link?

    Much Thanks

    Anthony

    anthony, Nov 22, 2003

  2. anthony

    PES Guest

    I didn't think you could hand off ds0's from a WIC-1DSU-T1-V2 to a
    VWIC-1MFT-T1 but I may be wrong. I thought you needed 2 VWIC-1MFT-T1 or a
    VWIC-2MFT-T1.

    PES, Nov 22, 2003

  3. anthony

    PES Guest

    Actually I think you need a
    VWIC-2MFT-T1-DI

    In any case we usually just use and Adtran TSU 120

    PES, Nov 22, 2003
  4. anthony

    anthony Guest

    On Sat, 22 Nov 2003 11:22:42 -0500, PES wrote:

    Cisco Pre sales quoted us VWIC-1MFT-T1

    I agree with you on the adtran TSU 120, however the customer site
    is short on space and we would like to save space by using an internal
    csu/dsu for the incoming point-to-point and then hand off the voice
    channels to the pbx via the VWIC-1MFT-T1.

    Let me search for more info on the VWIC-2MFT-T1-DI.

    The 2MFT seems to be a 2 port Multiflex trunk card with drop and insert

    From the web site:
    The drop and insert feature on the VWIC-2MFT-T1-DI interface card allows
    you to take DS0 timeslots off
    one T1 interface and insert them into time slots of the other T1
    interface.
    This feature is available in Voice interface card (VIC) and WIC
    applications.
    Future applications may include T1 ATM and T1 ATM CES interfaces.
    Bit error rate testing (BERT) support requires Cisco IOS Software Release
    12.1(1)T or
    later. V.54 loopback requires Cisco IOS Software Release 12.1(1)T or
    later.

    When they say "insert them into time slots of the other T1 interface" I
    assume this is the handoff to the PBX?

    Thanks

    anthony, Nov 22, 2003