Configuring a New T1 - Cisco 1720 / PIX 501

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by MasterOfNone, Mar 29, 2006.

  1. MasterOfNone

    MasterOfNone Guest

    I'm hoping someone can help me out here, this is definitely not my
    forte!

    I have a new full T1 being installed and need help configuring the
    hardware. Here's what I have:

    The telco is dropping a smart jack into my server room.

    I have a Cisco 1720 with a WIC-1DSU-T1 installed in slot 0. I need to
    configure it to route my block of 8 IPs to a Cisco PIX 501.

    I'm told the PIX can handle all of the routing beyond that point. The
    PIX will need to route one of the IPs to my SBS 2003 / ISA server that
    handles my company's domain, two of the IPs to two webservers sitting
    in the DMZ, and should use a 4th IP to NAT any connections from the
    DMZ. (I have tenants renting office space to which we provide internet
    access -- also need to provide DHCP in the DMZ.)

    I need to allow access to HTTP, HTTPS, SMTP, VPN, FTP, POP3, IMAP4, and
    SQL Server (I think it's port 1433) through the firwall.

    I hope that makes sense. This is my first venture into configuring this
    type of equipment from scratch. The most I have done in the past is to
    change the configuration on an AdTran to open ports.

    Thanks in advance for any help you can provide!
    MasterOfNone, Mar 29, 2006

  2. MasterOfNone

    Guest

    All the configuration to do most of that is on Ciscos website.

    Standard configuration is to put 1 set of ips on the serial interface
    of the 1721 router and the other 8 ips you have on the ethernet
    interface and outside interface of your pix.

    You then configure your pix for NAT.

    However the DMZ part is not possible with a PIX501.

    You would need to buy a 515 to get a DMZ port.

    If you have a 506 it is possible to make a virtual DMZ port using vlans
    and vlan enabled switch

    What your asking for is alot of commands and that would take alot of
    time to write up. Better to go to Ciscos site and check out their
    configuration examples.

    Else if your really over your head you need to learn how to work with
    IOS and PIXOS which is another problem.
    , Mar 30, 2006

  3. MasterOfNone

    Guest

    Here is a few examples you can base this off of.

    http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products...s_configuration_example09186a00800941c8.shtml

    http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/iaabu/pix/pix_v52/config/examples.htm

    I can't find a good router config for you so use this to base yours off
    of.

    !
    interface FastEthernet0
    ip address x.x.x.x 255.255.255.248 (1 of those 8 IPs your ISP gave
    you)
    no ip directed-broadcast
    !
    !
    interface Serial0
    ip address x.x.x.x 255.255.255.252 (Point to Point T1 IP ADRESS ISP
    gives you)
    no ip directed-broadcast
    !
    ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 Serial0
    !
    end

    cross over cable between the pix and the router.
    , Mar 30, 2006