    Authentication and Data Encryption.

    Also, I noticed the network key and confirm network boxes
    are greyed out and I cannot enter anything. Please help.

    Sam, Aug 1, 2004

  2. Sam

    Guest Guest

    Hello Sam,

    By any chance, have you possibly considered going with the latest more
    secure protocol called WPA.
    Of course, your router has to have the firmware on it to support WPA, the
    wireless adaptor card needs the appropriate drivers etc, and you need I
    believe 2 patches from Microsoft's Website.

    Guest, Aug 1, 2004

  3. Sam

    Sam Guest

    Hi Al,

    I checked with Linksys and they said my router doesn't
    support WPA. I would have to purchase a different router
    than what I'm using currently in order to go that route.
    Can you help me with WEP and how to configure what I need
    for XP?

    Sam

    Sam, Aug 1, 2004
  4. Hi sam,

    Refer to the below site, scroll down to "Connecting with WEP Security Enabled" subheading:
    http://www.geocities.com/annaarora01/wirelessconfig.html#wep

    HTH
    Venkat

    =?Utf-8?B?VmVua2F0ZXNoIFtNUyBJbmRpYSBDb21tdW5pdHkg, Aug 2, 2004