Configure & understand radius

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by Julien, Jun 7, 2004.

  1. Julien

    Julien Guest

    Hi,

    i'm trying to learn how to use radius on AP1200 with ACS server. I
    succeeded to do a basic authentication with login/password but I don't
    really understand all the commands (I've watched a Cisco example):

    aaa group server radius GroupRadius
    server 192.168.1.171 auth-port 1645 acct-port 1646

    aaa authentication login RADIUS group GroupRadius

    radius-server host 192.168.1.171 auth-port 1645 acct-port 1646 key 0
    toto

    I don't really understand why I must give server address two times..
    If I erase the second one, IOS gives me an error. I believed that IOS
    would search for a server in GroupRadius list, but it seems that it
    doesn't work like that..

    Someone could explain me why ??? :)

    Thanks

    Julien, Jun 7, 2004