    Regards,
    Amir

    , Jul 24, 2008

  2. Hi
    The "speed" is Not really measured by the OS usually it comes from
    pre-defined numbers in the drivers.
    Measure the real speed by transferring a file over the LAN and time it.
    Jack (MS, MVP-Networking)

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Jul 25, 2008

  3. smlunatick Guest

    On Jul 24, 2:56 pm, wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I need to change the connection speed of my wireless network from 54
    > mbps to 36 or 24 (to test if it increases the reliability of my
    > wireless connection). I changed the setting in my D-link router to 36
    > mbps but my vista pc still shows the connection at 54 mbps.
    > Is is possible to force the vista to connect at 36 mbps to wireless
    > network instead of full speed.
    >
    > I will appreciate your help
    >
    > Regards,
    > Amir

    Wireless networks each establish the connection speeds based on
    distance, interference (walls, metal, cell phone, cordless phone and
    microwaves) and router transmission power.

    smlunatick, Jul 25, 2008
  4. Pavel A. Guest

    Perhaps, a Vista bug. A station can use only rates allowed in the router.
    Do you have SP1? Some wireless GUI bugs were fixed in SP1.

    --PA

    Pavel A., Jul 25, 2008