    6. The doc is very clear on the matter and yet these commands do not
    exist in the IOS v.12.4??? Please help.

    , Jan 28, 2009

  2. alexd Guest

    wrote:

    > Aloha, we use a few AP Cisco Aironet 1310. Documentation mentions
    > about "configure terminal" and "setup" commands but yet they show as
    > non existing!

    Is your prompt a '#' or a '>'? Try typing 'enable', then 'config term'.

    --
    <http://ale.cx/> (AIM:troffasky) ()
    20:16:15 up 54 days, 22:28, 2 users, load average: 0.04, 0.10, 0.09

    alexd, Jan 28, 2009

  3. Guest

    On Jan 28, 10:17 am, alexd <> wrote:
    > wrote:
    > > Aloha, we use a few AP Cisco Aironet 1310. Documentation mentions
    > > about "configure terminal" and "setup" commands but yet they show as
    > > non existing!

    > Is your prompt a '#' or a '>'? Try typing 'enable', then 'config term'.
    >
    > --
    >  <http://ale.cx/> (AIM:troffasky) ()
    >  20:16:15 up 54 days, 22:28,  2 users,  load average: 0.04, 0.10, 0..09
    >  Sexy ladies, and nasty boys, all freaky freakin', to the robot noise

    I'm typing en and then get the famous # exec mode but still nothing...
    I tried your suggestion. Also it is connected to a CISCO 4400
    Controller...

    , Jan 28, 2009
  4. writes:
    >On Jan 28, 10:17=A0am, alexd <> wrote:
    >> wrote:
    >> > Aloha, we use a few AP Cisco Aironet 1310. Documentation mentions
    >> > about "configure terminal" and "setup" commands but yet they show as
    >> > non existing!

    >> Is your prompt a '#' or a '>'? Try typing 'enable', then 'config term'.

    >I'm typing en and then get the famous # exec mode but still nothing...
    >I tried your suggestion. Also it is connected to a CISCO 4400
    >Controller...

    Ah, that was my thought, but I didn't know if the 1310's could run the
    LWAPP image. If they are connected to a 4400 LWAPP controller, then
    you can't configure the individual boxes. They all are configured
    through the 4400 controller. 'conf term' is only when you are running
    IOS on the individual APs running autonomously instead of the LWAPP
    image hooked to the 4400 controller.

    Doug McIntyre, Jan 29, 2009
  5. Guest

    On Jan 28, 8:02 pm, Doug McIntyre <> wrote:
    > writes:

    > >> Is your prompt a '#' or a '>'? Try typing 'enable', then 'config term'..

    > >I'm typing en and then get the famous # exec mode but still nothing...
    > >I tried your suggestion. Also it is connected to a CISCO 4400
    > >Controller...

    > Ah, that was my thought, but I didn't know if the 1310's could run the
    > LWAPP image. If they are connected to a 4400 LWAPP controller, then
    > you can't configure the individual boxes. They all are configured
    > through the 4400 controller. 'conf term' is only when you are running
    > IOS on the individual APs running autonomously instead of the LWAPP
    > image hooked to the 4400 controller.

    Ok thnak you, that's terrible since at this point the only way I have
    to improve coverage is to lower the speed rate. For our application we
    don't need speed but need to cover more.
    Any advise on the matter?

    , Jan 29, 2009
  6. writes:
    >On Jan 28, 8:02=A0pm, Doug McIntyre <> wrote:
    >> writes:

    >.
    >> >I'm typing en and then get the famous # exec mode but still nothing...
    >> >I tried your suggestion. Also it is connected to a CISCO 4400
    >> >Controller...

    >> Ah, that was my thought, but I didn't know if the 1310's could run the
    >> LWAPP image. If they are connected to a 4400 LWAPP controller, then
    >> you can't configure the individual boxes. They all are configured
    >> through the 4400 controller. 'conf term' is only when you are running
    >> IOS on the individual APs running autonomously instead of the LWAPP
    >> image hooked to the 4400 controller.

    >Ok thnak you, that's terrible since at this point the only way I have
    >to improve coverage is to lower the speed rate. For our application we
    >don't need speed but need to cover more.
    >Any advise on the matter?

    Isn't that always the trade off in a packet radio system?

    Doug McIntyre, Jan 30, 2009