    offender?

    Hope I've made myself clear. Thanks, people.

    HarryTruman

    Harry, Sep 23, 2005

  2. Harry

    Aquanaut Guest

    "Harry" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Am using a friends computer and I installed some protective software,
    > among them Microsoft Antispyware. Originally,her browser only had one
    > search bar: Google. Someone in the last few weeks has since added
    > "MySearch" and AOL (why, I don't know [ sigh ]).
    >
    > So... the problem. MSft Antispyware keeps popping up with an "An
    > Application Change has been blocked," so I click the "Manage blocked
    > internet explorer web" link and then get window that allows me to
    > disallow the offending change. It is always the same thing that I'm
    > asked to disallow: c:\program files\mysearch\ bar\1.bin\s4bar.dll.
    > Aside from "removing" or deleting the entire bar from the system, is
    > there any way I can tell Antispyware to automatically disallow the
    > offender?
    >
    > Hope I've made myself clear. Thanks, people.
    >
    > HarryTruman

    from the Msoft site:
    Real-Time Protection is a Microsoft Windows AntiSpyware monitoring
    system that monitors more than 50 checkpoints in Windows. These
    checkpoints are triggered when programs make changes to your Windows
    configuration. These changes can occur when you install software on your
    computer, or they can occur when spyware or other potentially unwanted
    software attempts to install on your computer.

    If Real-Time Protection detects a change in any checkpoint, Windows
    AntiSpyware alerts you and provides the option for you to allow or block
    the change. In some cases-for example, when you are installing
    software-you can choose to allow the change in order to continue the
    installation process.

    To configure Real-Time Protection, click Settings on the Options menu.
    On the left menu, click Real-Time Protection to view options for
    activating or deactivating Real-Time Protection. Click Alerts to view
    options for the type of alerts that Real-Time Protection provides.

    Aquanaut, Sep 24, 2005