    other way I can look at it?

    Any help is greatly appreciated.

    Ste

    Ste, Nov 15, 2005

  2. Not clear for what application you intend to use this modem - dialout?
    Dialin? Both? Character mode? PPP? Both?

    Here's some links that may be useful to you:

    Configuring [PPP] Dialout using a Modem on the AUX Port
    http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk801/tk36/technologies_configuration_example09186a0080094579.shtml

    Configuring PPP Dialin with External Modems
    http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk713/tk507/technologies_configuration_example09186a0080093c31.shtml

    Modem-Router Connection Guide
    http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk801/tk36/technologies_tech_note09186a008009428b.shtml

    As far as using the Sportster - historically it's been one of the best
    consumer-grade external analog modems around, but it seems that recently
    I've seen fairly frequent cases where, in dialin applications,
    it tends to forget what DTE speed it wants to use, rendering it
    marginally useful for that case. (If you only need it for low speed
    dialin, I've found that it works to lock its DCE rate to 9600 bps then
    configure its DTE speed to follow DCE speed.)

    Good luck,

    Aaron

    ---

    ~ I have a US Robotics FaxModem working in windows but fails to connect to
    ~ Cisco2621. I set aux 0 with all parameter I could find but the route
    ~ does not recognize it.
    ~
    ~ Shoud usr_sportster be the right one to choose on router? Is there any
    ~ other way I can look at it?
    ~

    Aaron Leonard, Nov 16, 2005

  3. Ste

    Ste Guest

    I need dial-in, but no matter what I do, the router does shake hand with
    modem.

    I am at dead end.

    Ste, Nov 18, 2005
  4. Can you reverse telnet to the Sportster and get an OK response to your AT?

    If you dial your answer line, does it ring?

    If you configure both originate and answer modems for, say, V.32, do they train?

    ---

    ~ I need dial-in, but no matter what I do, the router does shake hand with
    ~ modem.
    ~
    ~ I am at dead end.
    ~
    ~
    ~ "Aaron Leonard" <> wrote in message
    ~ news:...
    ~ > Not clear for what application you intend to use this modem - dialout?
    ~ > Dialin? Both? Character mode? PPP? Both?
    ~ >
[...]
    ~ > ---
    ~ >
    ~ >
    ~ > ~ I have a US Robotics FaxModem working in windows but fails to connect to
    ~ > ~ Cisco2621. I set aux 0 with all parameter I could find but the
    ~ > route
    ~ > ~ does not recognize it.
    ~ > ~

    Aaron Leonard, Nov 21, 2005