    Subnet Mask, Preminary DNS, Sencondary DNS, Domain Name, and Gateway
    IP, just as the web interface. Thanks!

    , Apr 4, 2005

  2. markrohlf Guest

    Forgive me if I am mis-understanding.

    But when you say "Straight Routing and no PPP in the same sentence, you
    confuse me.

    Routing happens at layer 3 and PPP at layer 2.

    You have to have some sort of layer 2 encap. Are you wanting HDLC ...
    Cisco's default?

    What type of a WAN connection is it?

    mr

    markrohlf, Apr 4, 2005

  3. Guest

    I'm not so good in network, so I don't really understand what you mean,
    like "3 and PPP at layer 2". My internet connection is that a Bridge
    connect to my Cisco SOHO 91's Internet port (E1), and I have to
    conifgure the E1 port to have a Static IP, Subnet Mask, Gateway IP, and
    DNS server. Hope you understand me!!

    , Apr 5, 2005
  4. markrohlf Guest

    Well ... I've never configured a SOHO 91 ... but if this device uses an
    IOS similar to the larger access level routers like the 2600 series ...
    then you would do the following

    Router>en
    Router#conf t
    Router(config)#int (lan interface number) (for example e0 or f0/0)
    Router(config-if)#ip address 1.2.3.4 255.255.255.0 (or whatever your
    mask is)
    Router(config-if)#no shut

    then you would do the same with the WAN interface.

    hope this helps.
    mr

    markrohlf, Apr 5, 2005
  5. Guest

    Thanks for that! And how to set the Primary and Secondary DNS, and
    Gateway? Thanks again!

    , Apr 6, 2005
  6. markrohlf Guest

    why are you setting a dns and gateway?

    what does the topology look like?

    mr

    markrohlf, Apr 6, 2005
  7. Guest

    A wireless client bridge connect to my router's Internect port (e1),
    and then all the PCs connect to the router's Local port (e0). Is that
    information enought?

    , Apr 7, 2005
  8. markrohlf Guest

    can you make a default route to go out the internet port?

    then set your SOHO's e0 as the workstation's gateway.

    just a thought

    mr

    markrohlf, Apr 8, 2005