    much help.

    Has anyone done this ? any help appreciated.

    Rodman

    rodman, Apr 11, 2005

  2. rodman

    Brad Guest

    I am in the same boat. I don't have the Altigen VoIP card installed yet,
    but I am gearing up for it. The technician is installing the card
    tomorrow. I have 2 Cisco ATA 186 boxes ready to configure.

    So far I have configured the two boxes with the latest h.323 image (3.1.2)
    and assigned static IP addresses (for testing). I then went into the
    config page (http://ww.xx.yy.zz/dev) and set the UID0 field as 4000 on one
    box, and 4001 on the other. I am able to call the other phone directly
    using the following syntax: 4001**w*x*y*z# where wxyz represents the ip
    address.

    The next step is to configure the boxes to register with the altigen
    server as the gatekeeper and gateway.

    Hope this helps. Share your experiences too! I am still working on this.

    -Brad

    -------------------------------------

    http://www.cabling-design.com/forum

    Brad, May 24, 2005

  3. rodman

    brjsm Guest

[...]

    this.

    -Brad

    --
    brjsm

    brjsm, May 24, 2005
  4. rodman

    brjsm Guest

    I have successfully set up the Altigen VoIP card, and I have 2 altige
    IP phones that can make and receive calls. I have successfull
    registered the Cisco ATA 186 with the Altigen system as the gatekeeper
    The Cisco ATA box can make calls to just about anywhere, but it canno
    receive calls from anywhere. I have .cap files from ethereal and lo
    files from debug mode (cisco's prserv.exe debug tool). If anyone i
    interested in this issue, let me know at

    Brad Smith
    Systems Administrator

    --
    brjsm