    what commands i can use for this?

    thanks for your answer

    Cesar

    cesar, Dec 4, 2003

  2. cesar wrote:

    > i need to know how let pass 802.1Q in router cisco 4000 and 2500
    >
    > what commands i can use for this?

    None. Neither supports 802.1Q.

    Regards,

    Marco.

    M.C. van den Bovenkamp, Dec 4, 2003

  3. In article <3fcf9b11$0$151$4all.nl>,
    M.C. van den Bovenkamp <> wrote:
    :cesar wrote:

    :> i need to know how let pass 802.1Q in router cisco 4000 and 2500

    :> what commands i can use for this?

    :None. Neither supports 802.1Q.

    802.1Q Trunking: CAT4000 with SUP*, subsets of 12.1(*)E*, such as
    SUP2-PLUS and 12.1(19)EW.

    802.1Q VLAN support: similar to above, but not SUP2-PLUS, but adds AGM.
    Prety much the same IOS versions.

    --
    This is not the same .sig the second time you read it.

    Walter Roberson, Dec 4, 2003
  4. Walter Roberson wrote:

    > :> i need to know how let pass 802.1Q in router cisco 4000 and 2500
    >
    > :> what commands i can use for this?
    >
    > :None. Neither supports 802.1Q.
    >

    > 802.1Q Trunking: CAT4000 with SUP*, subsets of 12.1(*)E*, such as
    > SUP2-PLUS and 12.1(19)EW.
    >
    > 802.1Q VLAN support: similar to above, but not SUP2-PLUS, but adds AGM.
    > Prety much the same IOS versions.

    Yep, de *Catalyst* 4000 supports it. But I assumed he was talking about
    de Cisco 4000 router, not the switch. And the router doesn't.

    Regards,

    Marco.

    M.C. van den Bovenkamp, Dec 4, 2003
  5. In article <3fcfaa28$0$130$4all.nl>,
    M.C. van den Bovenkamp <> wrote:
    :Yep, de *Catalyst* 4000 supports it. But I assumed he was talking about
    :de Cisco 4000 router, not the switch. And the router doesn't.

    Dang model number overloading! That's worse than the C2948G
    being different than the C2948G-L3!
    --
    Warning: potentially contains traces of nuts.

    Walter Roberson, Dec 4, 2003
  6. cesar

    Sameer Guest

    really? the 4000-series router doesn't support it... even with the use of a
    fast ethernet interface?

    quick question, do the 5000-series switches work with 802.1q?

    -Sameer

    Sameer, Dec 5, 2003
  7. In article <0m1Ab.3021$>,
    Sameer <> wrote:
    :really? the 4000-series router doesn't support it... even with the use of a
    :fast ethernet interface?

    Marco is correct: the Feature Navigator does not list 802.1Q as
    possible for the 4000-series router or the 2500 series.
    The 4500 series was supported from 12.0T.

    :quick question, do the 5000-series switches work with 802.1q?

    Yes, from 12.0T for the RSM, and 12.1 for the RSFC. (The Feature Navigator
    does not index CatOS features, so I cannot easily give you information
    about the bare switch itself.)
    --
    Reviewers should be required to produce a certain number of
    negative reviews - like police given quotas for handing out

    Walter Roberson, Dec 5, 2003
  8. "Sameer" <> wrote in message
    > really? the 4000-series router doesn't support it... even with the use of

    > fast ethernet interface?

    Correct. Early fast ethernet card designs could not support it.

    Phillip Remaker, Dec 5, 2003
  9. cesar

    JOE CAMPOS Guest

    NBAR or IDSM-2 to stop blaster between vlans?

    Scenario:
    we have 13 floors in our building. All the floors come down into the same
    switch via gig links. Each floor is an individual subnet vlan. That switch
    then communicates to other server farm switches via a gig uplink. The
    problem we want to remedy is how to keep workstations that are infected with
    Blaster or future variants from "blasting" each from floor-to-floor. By this
    I mean, if we have infected machines on the 5th floor then they will bombard
    clients on the other floors. What is the best way to contain this situation?
    Should I use the IDSM-2 to shun these attacks via dynamic VACLs or should I
    use NBAR for this situation or even just private vlans?? Of course private
    vlans will only help on each respective vlan subnet. Also, If I use NBAR
    (IDSM-2 too??) will it block all good traffic as well? I know with NBAR I
    Can have it drop traffic altogether which is the ultimate goal. I have read
    the following SAFE document and it is very good but it still leaves many
    questions unanswered. There is an NBAR sample config there as well.
    http://www.cisco.com/en/US/netsol/ns340/ns394/ns171/ns128/networking_solutio
    ns_white_paper09186a00801b2391.shtml

    JOE CAMPOS, Dec 6, 2003