    How can I tell what it should be, and how to get it there?

    Thanks!

    , Mar 14, 2006

  2. Guest

    This is certainly strange. How are you currently connected to the
    system? Are you on the console or have you connected via telnet/ssh?
    If it is the latter, try connecting in via the console and see if you
    can interact as usual with the console. The reason I am suggesting
    that is because 0x922 indicates a console baud rate of 4800 while the
    default is 9600 baud. Assuming you use 9600 baud by default, you
    should have trouble connecting with the console if indeed the 0x922
    value reported is what is also in the config register.

    The config register is in non-volatile memory and this could be some
    kind of hardware problem. If you are connecting fine at 9600 baud with
    the console, then it seems likely that the register is being written
    correctly but being read back incorrectly. If you find that you
    actually have to change to 4800 baud to connect to the console then it
    looks like both reads and writes to (at least the three least
    significant nibbles of) the register are broken. In either case, you
    will likey have to contact Cisco to remedy this.

    Cisco da Gama
    http://ciscostudy.blogspot.com

    , Mar 14, 2006

  3. Merv Guest

    What happens if you try to set it to 0x102 ?

    Do you have a backup copy of the current router config ?

    Merv, Mar 14, 2006