    all drivers installed correctly however, the VIA audio controller speaker
    configuration window subwoffer, center speaker and side speakers these
    options are all grayed out. how do i get 5.1 surround sound

    =?Utf-8?B?VCBSb2Nr?=, Jun 10, 2006

  2. There is an option in your BIOS setup to access this, I bet this is
    disabled. I am not familiar with all the different BIOS'es so cannot point
    you directly at it, but it may be hidden away in a group of other options.
    Look hard and read all the options and you'll find it. Usually in 'advanced'
    or among the chipset options.

    If you cannot find it, watch your screen as the machine is booting, one of
    the very first text strings to appear is the BIOS version, report back and
    someone may recognize it and help you out. Best of course is if you have the
    motherboard manual, that one should have a section towards the end that is
    dedicated to the BIOS setup utility.

    Tony. . .

    Tony Sperling, Jun 10, 2006

  3. =?Utf-8?B?VCBSb2Nr?=

    Rick Guest

    If you board has a RealTek chip the go to the RealTek web site and
    download the drivers for Vista!

    http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/dlac97-2.aspx?lineid=5&famid=12&series=8&Software=True

    That's the simplest solution - a hardware driver!

    Rick, Jun 11, 2006