Configuration of Cisco Router for use on a DS3 microwave circuit

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by cybereel, Oct 5, 2006.

  1. cybereel

    cybereel Guest

    My organisation currently has a wide area network configured as a ring,
    using our own microwave equipment. The network runs two seperate DS3
    circuits. At each location, there is a Lucent AP-1000 with LMC 5245 DS3
    Wan Adapter which converts to Ethernet and provide each lan with
    ethernet service. This network works fine. I am now attempting to add
    another site using a cisco 3800 router with two (2) NM-1T3 interface
    cards. My challenge is that the circuit has a numerous amount of
    errors. The section below highlights the configurations and errors.

    All AP-1000 routers
    Interface: t3
    MTU: 4470
    Clocking: Internal
    Crc mode: crc16
    Type mode: ds3
    Line type:dsx3Cbit Parity
    Line length: 100
    Line coding: dsx3B3ZS
    SendCode: dsx3SendNoCode
    Clock source: internal
    ScramblingMOde: dsx3Cisco

    The new Cisco 3800 router with NM-1T3
    controller T3 1/0
    cablelength 100

    interface s1/0
    ip address x.x.x.x 255.255.255.0
    ip route-cach flow
    dsu badnwidth 44210

    On executing the sh int s1/0 command the follwoing is found
    Serial1/0 is up, line protocol is up
    Hardware ss DSXPNM Serial
    Encapsulation HDLC, crc 16
    163959228 input errors, 163959228 CRC, 72386460 frame, 43881477
    overrun, 0 ignored, 122414945 abort.
    DSU mode 0, bandwidth 44210, real bandwidth 44210, scramble 0

    On executing the sh controller s1/0 command the follwoing is found
    T3 1/0 is up
    Applique type subrate T3
    No alarms detected
    MDL tranmission disabled
    Framing is C-bit Parity, Line code is B3ZS, CLock source internal
    Everything else is 0.

    My Microwave manual provides the following Information on DS3 interface

    Data Rate - Asynchronous 44.736Mb/s +- 20ppm
    Line Code - B3ZS
    Input - +5.7 to -1.8 dBm at DSX-3 Cross connect attenuated by up to
    450ft of cable
    Output - +1 to +4 dBm, LBO out , 0 to +3 dBm, LBO in (measured all-1s
    unframed)
    Pulse Shape - TR-TSY-000499 complaint
    Impedence - 75 ohms, nominal (10 to 50 MHz)

    These are my challenges:-
    1 - Am I using the right interface card and router?
    2 - Am I missing a configuration somewhere?
    3 - Are there compatability issues between the two routers?

    I tried the following(individually, not all at once:-
    1 - Changing the modes of the dsu - result - line protocol switch to
    down
    2 - Changing scrambling - result - line protocol switch to down
    3 - Changing CLock source to line - result - no change in errors
    4 - Changed the parity - line protocol switch to down

    I am at a complete loss.

    Look forward to your responses. Thank You
    cybereel, Oct 5, 2006