Configuration for setup: ISDN - Cisco 2821 - SIP Phone

Discussion in 'VOIP' started by Bjoern Morgenthaler, Oct 12, 2006.

  1. Hi,

    I got the following network setup:

    PSTN ---- Cisco 2821 --- SIP Phone
    (ISDN)

    The voice routing should be: a fix ISDN Number (BRI Q.931) should always
    be routed to a fix sip phone. The call is always initiated from PSTN's
    side. A transfer from sip to PSTN should also work.

    As Voice-Port on the 2821 I use a VIC2-2BRI-NT/TE.

    Also the CME (v4.0) is enabled on the router but not necessary to use.

    I tried very hard the last weeks to get this setup working (including
    all the cisco reference guides) but so far it's not working.

    Can someone give me hints for configuration (or even a sample
    configuration for this setup) to get me going on? The network and IP
    setup is fine, only for the voice setup I need help.

    Thanks in advance!

    B. Morgenthaler
    Bjoern Morgenthaler, Oct 12, 2006