    appeared.
    Would appreciate any help to solve this problem.
    Thanks

    Joe, Oct 5, 2003

  2. Joe

    Ionizer Guest

    "Joe" <> wrote in message
    news:blpc14$jhi$...
    > I loaded WinPoET an ADSL program into my notebook
    > which has WinME . When I restarted the computer it said:
    > "Please wait while setup updates your configuration setup"
    > After awhile this message appeared: "Windows could not
    > upgrade the file %1 from %2 %1 %2". Then it went into
    > a loop.
    > Thinking that WinPoET could be the culprit I used a startup
    > floppy disk to delete this program but the error message still
    > appeared.
    > Would appreciate any help to solve this problem.
    > Thanks

    Norton SystemWorks may be to blame:
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=283069

    HTH,
    Ian.

    Ionizer, Oct 5, 2003

  3. Joe

    Joe Guest

    Thanks for the reply Ian, but I am not using Norton
    System Works. Wonder whether reloading the OS
    would help.

    Joe, Oct 6, 2003
  4. Joe

    Ionizer Guest

    "Joe" <> wrote in message
    > Thanks for the reply Ian, but I am not using Norton
    > System Works. Wonder whether reloading the OS
    > would help.

    Have a look at that link anyway- Norton was only one possible culprit; the
    other info sounds like it might be worth a try.

    Good luck,
    Ian.

    Ionizer, Oct 6, 2003