Conference calls with server?

Discussion in 'VOIP' started by Michael S, Sep 15, 2004.

1. Michael S

Michael S Guest

I am currently investigating ways of implementing conference calling / bridged calls using VOIP in a particular scenario.

I have an isolated subnet with say 10 VOIP phones but no SIP server or even Internet gateway. I would like be be able to initiate a call on one of the phones that would cause a group (or all) phones on the subnet to ring. Ideally, if more than one phone was actually answered, they would be linked together in a conference call.

Are there any phones / adaptors on the market that provide this sort of functionality? Or is it essential to have a server (e.g. running Asterisk) to get that functionality?

Michael S, Sep 15, 2004
    1. Advertising

2. Michael S wrote:
    > I am currently investigating ways of implementing conference calling / bridged calls using VOIP in a particular scenario.
    >
    > I have an isolated subnet with say 10 VOIP phones but no SIP server or even Internet gateway. I would like be be able to initiate a call on one of the phones that would cause a group (or all) phones on the subnet to ring. Ideally, if more than one phone was actually answered, they would be linked together in a conference call.
    >
    > Are there any phones / adaptors on the market that provide this sort of functionality? Or is it essential to have a server (e.g. running Asterisk) to get that functionality?

I never have heard of any other device except asterisk that can do this
    kind of task.

j

Joel Gathercole, Sep 17, 2004
    1. Advertising