    If you are not familiar with this parade, which kicks off the summer at
    Coney Island, it is a very fleshy, yet family oriented parade.

    http://donwiss.com/pictures/Mermaid-2010/

    Don Wiss, Jun 29, 2010

  2. Don Wiss

    GMAN Guest

    In article <>, Don Wiss <donwiss@no_spam.com> wrote:
    >Okay. I finally got around to cropping, selecting, and captioning my
    >Mermaid Parade pictures from a week ago. 273 made the cut.
    >
    >If you are not familiar with this parade, which kicks off the summer at
    >Coney Island, it is a very fleshy, yet family oriented parade.
    >
    >http://donwiss.com/pictures/Mermaid-2010/
    >
    >Don <www.donwiss.com> (e-mail link at home page bottom).

    Serious question here, how do they get away with the public nudity around
    children?
    GMAN, Jun 29, 2010

  3. Don Wiss

    Peter Guest

    "GMAN" <> wrote in message
    > In article <>, Don Wiss
    > <donwiss@no_spam.com> wrote:
    >>Okay. I finally got around to cropping, selecting, and captioning my
    >>Mermaid Parade pictures from a week ago. 273 made the cut.
    >>
    >>If you are not familiar with this parade, which kicks off the summer at
    >>Coney Island, it is a very fleshy, yet family oriented parade.
    >>
    >>http://donwiss.com/pictures/Mermaid-2010/
    >>
    >>Don <www.donwiss.com> (e-mail link at home page bottom).

    > Serious question here, how do they get away with the public nudity around
    > children?

    In NY it is not illegal for females to go topless.
    The people are not nude. Many are wearing body paint and/or jewlery.
    Most kids were born naked.
    Would you take your kids to see Ave Q. (I guess that answer depends on their
    age.)

    --
    Peter
    Peter, Jun 29, 2010
  4. Don Wiss

    nospam Guest

    In article <4c2a3dcf$0$5514$-secrets.com>, Peter
    <> wrote:

    > Most kids were born naked.

    which ones weren't?
    nospam, Jun 29, 2010
  5. Don Wiss

    Don Wiss Guest

    On Tue, 29 Jun 2010, Peter <> wrote:

    >In NY it is not illegal for females to go topless.

    Correct, as long as the topless is not being done for business.

    Don Wiss, Jun 29, 2010
  6. Don Wiss

    Peter Guest

    "Don Wiss" <donwiss@no_spam.com> wrote in message
    > On Tue, 29 Jun 2010, Peter <> wrote:
    >
    >>In NY it is not illegal for females to go topless.

    > Correct, as long as the topless is not being done for business.
    >
    > Don <www.donwiss.com> (e-mail link at home page bottom).

    Depends on what you mean by business.

    Do you really think the naked cowgirl is not in business?

    Would putting ads for beer on each breast be a prohibited business? :)

    --
    Peter
    Peter, Jun 29, 2010
  7. Don Wiss

    Al Dykes Guest

    Peter <> wrote:
    >"GMAN" <> wrote in message
    >> In article <>, Don Wiss
    >> <donwiss@no_spam.com> wrote:
    >>>Okay. I finally got around to cropping, selecting, and captioning my
    >>>Mermaid Parade pictures from a week ago. 273 made the cut.
    >>>
    >>>If you are not familiar with this parade, which kicks off the summer at
    >>>Coney Island, it is a very fleshy, yet family oriented parade.
    >>>
    >>>http://donwiss.com/pictures/Mermaid-2010/
    >>>
    >>>Don <www.donwiss.com> (e-mail link at home page bottom).

    >> Serious question here, how do they get away with the public nudity around
    >> children?

    >In NY it is not illegal for females to go topless.
    >The people are not nude. Many are wearing body paint and/or jewlery.
    >Most kids were born naked.
    >Would you take your kids to see Ave Q. (I guess that answer depends on their
    >age.)

    One of the pre-parade events is access to the street that has been
    blocked off and used by the parade participants to costume up. Tents
    are provided for those that want privacy. Not everyone uses them.
    Visitors are charged a few bucks for entry to raise a little money.

    If high-end cameras and flesh could reach critical mass and explode,
    there would be a mushroom cloud over Coney Island.

    Here's a particularly attractive young lady getting her body paint
    job.

    http://www.panix.com/~adykes/pics/CRW_2830.jpg

    --
    Al Dykes
    Al Dykes, Jun 29, 2010
  8. Don Wiss

    Peter Guest

    > On 2010-06-28 20:03:56 -0700, Don Wiss <donwiss@no_spam.com> said:
    >
    >> Okay. I finally got around to cropping, selecting, and captioning my
    >> Mermaid Parade pictures from a week ago. 273 made the cut.
    >>
    >> If you are not familiar with this parade, which kicks off the summer at
    >> Coney Island, it is a very fleshy, yet family oriented parade.
    >>
    >> http://donwiss.com/pictures/Mermaid-2010/
    >>
    >> Don <www.donwiss.com> (e-mail link at home page bottom).

    > Another entertaining session.
    > Thanks for sharing.
    >
    > BTW, Whatever happened to your location shots of L.I. & N .J. "too good
    > to be true" bargain merchants.

    After going there for three consecutive years, I missed that event this
    year.
    Well maybe next year

    --
    Peter
    Peter, Jun 29, 2010
  9. Don Wiss

    Don Wiss Guest

    On Tue, 29 Jun 2010, Savageduck <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com> wrote:

    >BTW, Whatever happened to your location shots of L.I. & N .J. "too
    >good to be true" bargain merchants.

    They are still up. The three albums are listed here:

    http://donwiss.com/pictures/#buildings

    No one seems to be paying that much attention to them these days. I have a
    few Brooklyn ones I took that I need to get up. Then I have a long list of
    ones to take in NJ, but I don't have a car. I got a friend to drive me
    around for the first trip, but after we got chased by a sleazy one (since
    shut down by the NJ AG) he won't do it again.

    Don Wiss, Jun 29, 2010
  10. Don Wiss

    Don Wiss Guest

    On Tue, 29 Jun 2010, (GMAN) wrote:

    >Serious question here, how do they get away with the public nudity around
    >children?

    From:
    http://naturistaction.org/StatesFrames/State_Laws_Frames/New_York_Laws/body_new_york_laws.html

    § 245.01 Exposure of a person. A person is guilty of exposure if he appears
    in a public place in such a manner that the private or intimate parts of
    his body are unclothed or exposed. For purposes of this section, the
    private or intimate parts of a female person shall include that portion of
    the breast which is below the top of the areola. This section shall not
    apply to the breastfeeding of infants or to any person entertaining or
    performing in a play, exhibition, show or entertainment.

    Exposure of a person is a violation.

    Nothing in this section shall prevent the adoption by a city, town or
    village of a local law prohibiting exposure of a person as herein defined
    in a public place, at any time, whether or not such person is entertaining
    or performing in a play, exhibition, show or entertainment.

    [NAC NOTE: People v. Santorelli restricts the applicability of § 245.01.
    The Court of Appeals of New York ruled in 1992 that exposure of a bare
    female breast violates this law only when it takes place in a commercial
    context. As a practical matter, proper enforcement of this section can be a
    problem, since local enforcement agents are often unfamiliar with the case
    law that interprets the statutory language.]
    Don Wiss, Jun 29, 2010
  11. Don Wiss

    J. Clarke Guest

    On 6/28/2010 11:03 PM, Don Wiss wrote:
    > Okay. I finally got around to cropping, selecting, and captioning my
    > Mermaid Parade pictures from a week ago. 273 made the cut.
    >
    > If you are not familiar with this parade, which kicks off the summer at
    > Coney Island, it is a very fleshy, yet family oriented parade.
    >
    > http://donwiss.com/pictures/Mermaid-2010/
    >
    > Don<www.donwiss.com> (e-mail link at home page bottom).

    FWIW, number 39 is a DeTomaso Pantera, which you could buy at any
    Lincon-Mercury dealer from 1971-1975.
    J. Clarke, Jun 30, 2010
  12. "Gary Edstrom" <> wrote in message
    > On Mon, 28 Jun 2010 23:03:56 -0400, Don Wiss <donwiss@no_spam.com>
    > wrote:
    >
    > [snip]
    >
    >>If you are not familiar with this parade, which kicks off the summer at
    >>Coney Island, it is a very fleshy, yet family oriented parade.
    >>
    >>http://donwiss.com/pictures/Mermaid-2010/

    > [snip]
    >
    > And you call this "family oriented"?
    >
    > What kind of "family"?

    It sounds like a broader-minded family than yours. Different groups may
    have different standards - is that so bad?

    Thanks for posting, Don.

    Cheers,
    David
    David J Taylor, Jul 1, 2010
  13. Don Wiss

    GMAN Guest

    In article <i0hk28$b1r$-september.org>, "David J Taylor" <> wrote:
    >"Gary Edstrom" <> wrote in message
    >> On Mon, 28 Jun 2010 23:03:56 -0400, Don Wiss <donwiss@no_spam.com>
    >> wrote:
    >>
    >> [snip]
    >>
    >>>If you are not familiar with this parade, which kicks off the summer at
    >>>Coney Island, it is a very fleshy, yet family oriented parade.
    >>>
    >>>http://donwiss.com/pictures/Mermaid-2010/

    >> [snip]
    >>
    >> And you call this "family oriented"?
    >>
    >> What kind of "family"?

    >It sounds like a broader-minded family than yours. Different groups may
    >have different standards - is that so bad?
    >
    >Thanks for posting, Don.
    >
    >Cheers,
    >David

    Normal to stick breast in the face of 8 year old kids?
    GMAN, Jul 2, 2010
  14. Don Wiss

    Die Wahrheit Guest

    On Thu, 01 Jul 2010 23:09:43 GMT, (GMAN)
    wrote:

    >In article <i0hk28$b1r$-september.org>, "David J Taylor" <> wrote:
    >>"Gary Edstrom" <> wrote in message
    >>> On Mon, 28 Jun 2010 23:03:56 -0400, Don Wiss <donwiss@no_spam.com>
    >>> wrote:
    >>>
    >>> [snip]

    >>> [snip]
    >>>
    >>> And you call this "family oriented"?
    >>>
    >>> What kind of "family"?

    >>It sounds like a broader-minded family than yours. Different groups may
    >>have different standards - is that so bad?
    >>
    >>Thanks for posting, Don.
    >>
    >>Cheers,
    >>David
    >>

    >Normal to stick breast in the face of 8 year old kids?

    What's abnormal about sticking the breast of someone in the face of anyone
    at any age? (Unless they don't like breasts.) You have a problem with
    breasts? Some women breast-feed their children up to 4 or 5 years old. It
    looks strange to me but who am I to say it's not right. I lived in a nude
    commune for 3 years back in the 70's. Everyone from toddler to grandparent
    was naked. Live that way 24/7 for about 3 weeks and you don't even realize
    anyone is nude anymore, including yourself. They're just people, with
    faces, minds, and personalities. That short of a time period is all that's
    needed to undo all the mental and emotional damage that has been done to
    you since birth by your church-controlled state. Nudity is only a big deal
    to those who are insecure with the human body, their own or those of
    others. The only use for clothing is for environmental comfort/protection
    or decoration, it has no other real uses. Fear of nudity is just
    religiously imposed self-hatred, of themselves and of the whole human race.
    People like that (and you) sorely need help and healing.
    Die Wahrheit, Jul 2, 2010
  15. Don Wiss

    Pete Guest

    On 2010-07-02 00:09:43 +0100, GMAN said:

    > In article <i0hk28$b1r$-september.org>, "David J Taylor"
    > <> wrote:
    >> "Gary Edstrom" <> wrote in message
    >>> On Mon, 28 Jun 2010 23:03:56 -0400, Don Wiss <donwiss@no_spam.com>
    >>> wrote:
    >>>
    >>> [snip]

    >>> [snip]
    >>>
    >>> And you call this "family oriented"?
    >>>
    >>> What kind of "family"?

    >> It sounds like a broader-minded family than yours. Different groups may
    >> have different standards - is that so bad?
    >>
    >> Thanks for posting, Don.
    >>
    >> Cheers,
    >> David
    >>

    > Normal to stick breast in the face of 8 year old kids?

    That is what YouTube does to them let alone the results of their Web
    searches, reading magazines, and watching television advertising. How
    do you answer when they ask you to explain an advert for a tampon?
    Frankly, that is not what I want to see on television while I'm eating
    my dinner, even less do I wish to explain it at that moment. Breasts
    are a lot easier to deal with.

    --
    Pete
    Pete, Jul 2, 2010
  16. Don Wiss

    Peter Guest

    "GMAN" <> wrote in message
    > In article <i0hk28$b1r$-september.org>, "David J Taylor"
    > <> wrote:
    >>"Gary Edstrom" <> wrote in message
    >>> On Mon, 28 Jun 2010 23:03:56 -0400, Don Wiss <donwiss@no_spam.com>
    >>> wrote:
    >>>
    >>> [snip]

    >>> [snip]
    >>>
    >>> And you call this "family oriented"?
    >>>
    >>> What kind of "family"?

    >>It sounds like a broader-minded family than yours. Different groups may
    >>have different standards - is that so bad?
    >>
    >>Thanks for posting, Don.
    >>
    >>Cheers,
    >>David
    >>

    > Normal to stick breast in the face of 8 year old kids?

    Normal to stick a female breast in the face of a 1 day old.

    breast <> porn
    Some are taught to hung up over it.
    I take it you don't hang out at a nude beach.

    BTW in some societies it is perfectly normal for women to run around
    topless.
    I won't get hung up over the issue.

    --
    Peter
    Thinks human milk comes in the cutest containers.
    Peter, Jul 2, 2010
  17. Don Wiss

    Peter Guest

    "Pete" <> wrote in message
    > On 2010-07-02 00:09:43 +0100, GMAN said:
    >
    >> In article <i0hk28$b1r$-september.org>, "David J Taylor"
    >> <> wrote:
    >>> "Gary Edstrom" <> wrote in message

    >>> It sounds like a broader-minded family than yours. Different groups may
    >>> have different standards - is that so bad?
    >>>
    >>> Thanks for posting, Don.
    >>>
    >>> Cheers,
    >>> David
    >>>

    >> Normal to stick breast in the face of 8 year old kids?

    > That is what YouTube does to them let alone the results of their Web
    > searches, reading magazines, and watching television advertising. How do
    > you answer when they ask you to explain an advert for a tampon? Frankly,
    > that is not what I want to see on television while I'm eating my dinner,
    > even less do I wish to explain it at that moment. Breasts are a lot easier
    > to deal with.

    And a lot more fun.

    --
    Peter
    Peter, Jul 2, 2010
  18. Don Wiss

    John Turco Guest

    Gary Edstrom wrote:

    > On Mon, 28 Jun 2010 23:03:56 -0400, Don Wiss <donwiss@no_spam.com>
    > wrote:
    >
    > [snip]
    >
    > >If you are not familiar with this parade, which kicks off the summer at
    > >Coney Island, it is a very fleshy, yet family oriented parade.
    > >
    > >http://donwiss.com/pictures/Mermaid-2010/

    > [snip]
    >
    > And you call this "family oriented"?
    >
    > What kind of "family"?