    If you still need them, e-mail me @
    barrymclennan at xtra dot co dot nz

    Cheers.
    BazTarD, Oct 15, 2003

  2. BazTarD

    steve Guest

    BazTarD allegedly said:

    > Gidday, me thinks someone was after some drivers for one
    > of the above modems??
    > If you are still looking I may be able to help. I am doing an
    > upgrade/repair for a friend, his old PC as one in it, according
    > to the chip it's a:
    >
    > Conexant
    > RH56D/SPCXT1035
    >
    > Appears to be a 56k fax/voice/phone modem
    >
    > I have the driver CD with win9?,2000,NT,ME for two types,
    > HCF and HSF (Internal) I tried the HCF drivers with Win98SE
    > and it worked ok. Has manuals also.
    >
    > If you still need them, e-mail me @
    > barrymclennan at xtra dot co dot nz
    >
    > Cheers.

    If you give up on Windows, the Linux drivers for Conexant modems are here:

    www.linuxant.com

    --
    defenestrate: The act of replacing Windows on your PC with some other
    operating system.
    steve, Oct 15, 2003

  3. BazTarD

    Paul Mathews Guest

    On Wed, 15 Oct 2003 21:45:08 +1300, steve <> wrote:

    >BazTarD allegedly said:
    >
    >> Gidday, me thinks someone was after some drivers for one
    >> of the above modems??
    >> If you are still looking I may be able to help. I am doing an
    >> upgrade/repair for a friend, his old PC as one in it, according
    >> to the chip it's a:
    >>
    >> Conexant
    >> RH56D/SPCXT1035
    >>
    >> Appears to be a 56k fax/voice/phone modem
    >>
    >> I have the driver CD with win9?,2000,NT,ME for two types,
    >> HCF and HSF (Internal) I tried the HCF drivers with Win98SE
    >> and it worked ok. Has manuals also.
    >>
    >> If you still need them, e-mail me @
    >> barrymclennan at xtra dot co dot nz
    >>
    >> Cheers.

    >If you give up on Windows, the Linux drivers for Conexant modems are here:
    >
    >www.linuxant.com

    Get a Real Modem not a Win one..

    Also not all drivers work on NZ..
    Paul Mathews, Oct 15, 2003
  4. BazTarD

    Ben Dover Guest

    Na, not me, just trying to help others :)

    Ben Dover, Oct 15, 2003
  5. BazTarD

    steve Guest

    Paul Mathews allegedly said:

    >>If you give up on Windows, the Linux drivers for Conexant modems are here:
    >>
    >>www.linuxant.com

    > Get a Real Modem not a Win one..

    Excellent advice.

    > Also not all drivers work on NZ..

    Why not?

    steve, Oct 15, 2003
  6. BazTarD

    T.N.O. Guest

    "steve" wrote
    > > Also not all drivers work on NZ..

    > Why not?

    Because not all models of modem were available in NZ... thats why the
    manufacturers drivers are usually the best choice.
    T.N.O., Oct 15, 2003
  7. BazTarD

    Paul Mathews Guest

    On Wed, 15 Oct 2003 22:28:50 +1300, steve <> wrote:

    >Paul Mathews allegedly said:

    >>>If you give up on Windows, the Linux drivers for Conexant modems are here:
    >>>
    >>>www.linuxant.com

    >> Get a Real Modem not a Win one..

    >Excellent advice.
    >
    >> Also not all drivers work on NZ..

    >Why not?

    Because different Countries use different Phone standards, TX level and Busy
    tones etc, I should know as I have tried them..

    Germany has ever more like black listing of Busy phone numbers..

    The Lucent Winmodem the best Winmodem has only one driver but it can configure
    its self for the country its used in..
    Paul Mathews, Oct 15, 2003
  8. BazTarD

    steve Guest

    T.N.O. allegedly said:

    > "steve" wrote
    >> > Also not all drivers work on NZ..

    >> Why not?

    > Because not all models of modem were available in NZ... thats why the
    > manufacturers drivers are usually the best choice.

    This must be a win-modem thing.

    I have used standard (real) modems in roughly 12 countries with no worries
    at all.

    Another reason to avoid win-<crap>.

    steve, Oct 16, 2003
  9. BazTarD

    Paul Mathews Guest

    On Thu, 16 Oct 2003 18:12:00 +1300, steve <> wrote:

    >T.N.O. allegedly said:
    >
    >> "steve" wrote

    >>> Why not?

    >> Because not all models of modem were available in NZ... thats why the
    >> manufacturers drivers are usually the best choice.

    >This must be a win-modem thing.

    No the real Winmodem Lucent can configure itself..

    >I have used standard (real) modems in roughly 12 countries with no worries
    >at all.

    Dial tones & busy tone are not the same..

    >Another reason to avoid win-<crap>.

    Lucent one are the best..

    All the posts here of late are all part Winmodems..
    Paul Mathews, Oct 16, 2003
  10. BazTarD

    T.N.O. Guest

    "steve" wrote
    > > Because not all models of modem were available in NZ... thats why the
    > > manufacturers drivers are usually the best choice.

    > This must be a win-modem thing.

    nope, some of the newer hardware modems have country select in them too.
    T.N.O., Oct 16, 2003
  11. BazTarD

    steve Guest

    Paul Mathews allegedly said:

    > On Thu, 16 Oct 2003 18:12:00 +1300, steve <> wrote:

    >>I have used standard (real) modems in roughly 12 countries with no worries
    >>at all.

    > Dial tones & busy tone are not the same..

    So ATX1 fixes that. I keep forgetting most people don't know the Hayes
    command set. "Drivers" are unnecessary if you have a functional serial
    port, a USR Sportser and some knowledge of the Hayes command set - better
    yet - manual!

    >>Another reason to avoid win-<crap>.

    > Lucent one are the best..
    >
    > All the posts here of late are all part Winmodems..

    True....but at least people who want real modems still have several good
    choices. Winmodems simply aren't as reliable. I've tried them on my laptop
    and gone back to a real, PCMCIA (non-Winmodem).

    No modem "driver" required....just pcmcia support.

    steve, Oct 16, 2003