    http://www.ubuntu.com/
    http://www.ubuntuforums.org
    http://www.ubuntuguide.org/

    Uplink, Jan 2, 2006

  2. Uplink

    Uplink Guest

    Nevermind, modems working know, something with hsf drivers from
    linuxant.com, minicom, scanModem tool, and pppconfig made it work.
    Modem dials into telus.

    Uplink, Jan 2, 2006

  3. Uplink

    Dr. Money Guest

    Uplink wrote:
    > I have Ubuntu Linux 5.10 on my 686 laptop, kernel 2.6.12-9-386, I have
    > a Conexant D480 MDC V.9x Modem on COM3 or /dev/ttyS2 and I need a
    > driver for debian (ubuntu is based on debian) to support my stupid
    > winmodem as it is built into my Dell Laptop.
    >
    > I have tried ubuntuforums.org and their drivers didn't work too well
    > (or at all). After I get the right driver and KNOW it works, i'll be
    > able to connect.
    >
    > http://www.ubuntu.com/
    > http://www.ubuntuforums.org
    > http://www.ubuntuguide.org/

    Dell will give you the driver, but not for Linux.

    Dr. Money, Jul 4, 2006
  4. Uplink

    Travis Guest

    Ah yes, a Dell Inspiron.

    I have a Dell Inspiron 1150 and had the EXACT same issue. Not really 100%
    sure how I got it working, but I would go over to www.linuxant.com to get a
    driver for your winmodem.

    Ubuntu is a very good OS, if you ask in their forums they will direct you to
    linuxant.com.

    Hope that helps

    Travis, Jul 4, 2006