conectivity problem

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by Li'l Roberto, Nov 30, 2004.

  1. Li'l Roberto

    Li'l Roberto Guest

    I set up a peer to peer network recently, it will work flawlessly for a
    couple of days then the wireless client just refuses to find the
    network, and gives error msgs such as "no networks currently
    available" or "unable to renew IP address". The other PC can always
    access the Internet & email, once the problem with conectivity occurs
    it is unable to see the other PC or use its shared printer.

    Details are :
    Identical hardware in PCs - MSI 865PE system board
    Celly D 320 CPU 512MB RAM
    O/S WinXP Home Edtion
    Linksys WAG54G ADSL Modem/ Router /Access Point
    Linksys PCI WMP 54G wireless NIC

    Router connects to PC1 via ethernet CAT5e cable
    Chanel is set to 11 [have tried lower ones, same result]
    SSID is set to broadcast
    Security is WEP 64bit
    Wireless signal has to pass through two timber & gyproc walls [not solid
    brick] the areas which the signal travels is devoid of any metal
    objects, electronic devises that could disrupt the signals.
    There are no other wireless LANs in the vicinity
    All the phones in the area have line filters

    Any thoughts on how to fix this would be appreciated.

    rgds
    Li'l Roberto
    Li'l Roberto, Nov 30, 2004

  2. Unplug the router for a few minutes and then plug it back in.

    Carey

    Carey Holzman, Nov 30, 2004

  3. Li'l Roberto

    Li'l Roberto Guest

    Carey
    Been there, done that !
    Sometimes it works ,often not - but why is it losing the connection
    ?.

    rgds
    Li'l Roberto

    Li'l Roberto, Nov 30, 2004
  4. Sounds like a defective router. I recommend you contact the manufacturer to
    arrange a warranty replacement (assuming it's still under warranty).

    Carey Holzman, Nov 30, 2004