    process asks for a username & password but it does not accept mine. I
    disabled firewalls&and antiivirus with no results, The router is OK. I
    succesful tested it in other computer . What should I do?

    =?Utf-8?B?bGVpZGVybWFudw==?=, May 20, 2007

  2. Hi
    The Router needs to be setup one time and it can be done from any computer.
    Once the Router is setup, computers can be added to it , nothing need to be
    done on a new computer that involves setting the Router.
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., May 20, 2007

  3. I tried that. Problem is: the router has to be connected to the computer at
    which it was setup. After seting it up, can yo take it somewhre else without
    the first computer?. I mean: I setup the router in any computer and move
    it to a different one?

    =?Utf-8?B?bGVpZGVybWFudw==?=, May 20, 2007
  4. Hi
    All the Routers that I used (and I used many) allow you to log onto from any
    computer, provided that only one computer at the time is logged to the menus
    IP.
    Could be that your Router has some security menu that allow configuration
    from one computer only (IP or MAC controlled). Check the manual, and or
    look over all menu entries.

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., May 20, 2007
  5. =?Utf-8?B?bGVpZGVybWFudw==?=

    Jim Guest

    > Hi
    > All the Routers that I used (and I used many) allow you to log onto from
    > any computer, provided that only one computer at the time is logged to the
    > menus IP.
    > Could be that your Router has some security menu that allow configuration
    > from one computer only (IP or MAC controlled). Check the manual, and or
    > look over all menu entries.
    > Jack (MVP-Networking).
    >
    > "leidermanw" <> wrote in message
    >>I tried that. Problem is: the router has to be connected to the computer
    >>at
    >> which it was setup. After seting it up, can yo take it somewhre else
    >> without
    >> the first computer?. I mean: I setup the router in any computer and
    >> move
    >> it to a different one?
    >>
    >> "Jack (MVP-Networking)." wrote:
    >>
    >>> Hi
    >>> The Router needs to be setup one time and it can be done from any
    >>> computer.
    >>> Once the Router is setup, computers can be added to it , nothing need to
    >>> be
    >>> done on a new computer that involves setting the Router.
    >>> Jack (MVP-Networking).
    >>>
    >>> "leidermanw" <> wrote in message

    For example, my :Linksys router can disable management by a wireless
    connected computer.

    Back to the OP's original question:

    Do you mean that you are trying to logon to the router?
    If so, what the router software wants is the username and password that you
    setup when you configured the router. There is no necessary relationship
    between your windows password and your router password.

    As for the OP's second question:

    The answer is that you can certainly take the router to another network.
    However, if during the installation of the router software, you entered some
    local network specific things (such as allowable MAC addresses), you are not
    apt to get far.

    The OP needs to determine what username and password was enabled for the
    router during setup if for no other reason that things need to be changed
    every now and then.

    More than likely, the OP made no such change and these two items remain at
    the factory defaults. The fine router manual should tell the OP what the
    factory default management username is and what the factory default password
    is.

    Jim, May 20, 2007