  1. I'm trying to nail down exactly how many concurrent web connections
    (incoming) can be hosted by an XP 64-bit box. I've been told 10 but can't
    find crap sifting thru MS.com. Any help is appreciated.
    =?Utf-8?B?WWFzdHJlYg==?=, Aug 8, 2007

  2. The limitation is one imposed on XP in general, and XP x64 gets the same
    one. And the number is 10 if I remember correctly.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/blogs/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Aug 8, 2007

  3. Thanks for the reply. Is this because of the SP2 patch effecting the
    tcpip.sys file by chance?
    =?Utf-8?B?WWFzdHJlYg==?=, Aug 8, 2007
  4. Yastreb:
    The limit is hardcoded to 10 connections/sec in tcpip.sys both in SP1 and SP2.
    It doesn't have to do with applying SP2 itself.
    tcpip.sys in SP1 can be patched (do it at your own risk) in order to
    increase that limit.
    See here:
    http://www.lvllord.de/
    and here:
    http://www.lvllord.de/?lang=en&url=downloads
    The patch doesn't work in SP2.

    Some people have successfully replaced tcpip.sys (SP2), replacing it with
    the patched one of SP1 (again: do it at your own risk!!!)

    Carlos

    =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=, Aug 8, 2007
  5. And an unauthorized patch that allows >10 connections is a violation of the
    EULA. Let's be clear - if you want to run >10 connections to Windows, you
    must be running a Server OS.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Aug 8, 2007
  6. Charlie Russel - MVP, Aug 8, 2007
  7. Charlie:
    We have been through this before.
    I am talking about the max open connections per second (connections/sec in
    my post) and not to how many PC's you connect via TCPIP.
    Maybe I have misunderstood the OP question and answered one he did not ask.
    My post regards to the Event ID 4226 issue caused by he 10 connections/sec
    limit on TCPIP.
    Sorry for any inconvenience I may have caused.
    Carlos

    =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=, Aug 8, 2007
  8. Thanks for the info, guys.
    =?Utf-8?B?WWFzdHJlYg==?=, Aug 8, 2007
  9. yes, there are two different issues here. One of us undoubtedly got it
    right. Especially since the answer (MAX=10) is the same in both cases. ;)

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Aug 9, 2007