    I just received an e-mail from myself , although I did not send it ,
    anything to worry about ?
    Jim

    JAMES, Jun 6, 2006

  2. JAMES

    Guest

    "JAMES" <> wrote:

    |>I just received an e-mail from myself , although I did not send it ,
    |>anything to worry about ?
    |>Jim

    Was it from the future? any stock quotes or messages of concern??

    One guess would be you have your address in your address list and
    malware sent the same out to everyone in the list - you are running OE

    --
    RIAA does not approve - Collect em all
    http://www.milinkito.com/los80.php

    , Jun 6, 2006

  3. JAMES

    JAMES Guest

    Just the numbers 969 , nothing else that I could see
    , I am running OE
    Jim

    JAMES, Jun 6, 2006
  4. JAMES

    Whiskers Guest

    On 2006-06-06, JAMES <> wrote:
    > I just received an e-mail from myself , although I did not send it ,
    > anything to worry about ?
    > Jim

    Probably not; it's woefully easy to put any name and email address you
    want to in the 'From' of an email, so spammers and other nasty types get
    'real' names and addresses by scanning newsgroups and web sites and then
    use them to fake the From headers as well as to get addresses to send
    there stuff to.

    Presumably you have your 'anti-virus' etc programs up-to-date and scanning
    incoming data.

    --
    -- ^^^^^^^^^^
    -- Whiskers

    Whiskers, Jun 6, 2006
  5. JAMES

    JAMES Guest

    Thanks Whiskers for the inf.,
    Yes , my anti virus is running for incoming and outgoing and up to date.
    Jim

    JAMES, Jun 6, 2006
  6. JAMES

    Guest

    "JAMES" <> wrote:

    |>Just the numbers 969 , nothing else that I could see
    |>, I am running OE

    I just put a dollar on those numbers :)

    |><> wrote in message

    |>> Was it from the future? any stock quotes or messages of concern??
    |>>
    |>> One guess would be you have your address in your address list and
    |>> malware sent the same out to everyone in the list - you are running OE
    |>>
    |>> --
    |>> RIAA does not approve - Collect em all
    |>> http://www.milinkito.com/los80.php

    --
    RIAA does not approve - Collect em all
    http://www.milinkito.com/los80.php

    , Jun 6, 2006
  7. JAMES

    Toolman Tim Guest

    In news:nzihg.5249$,
    JAMES spewed forth:

    > <> wrote in message

    >> Was it from the future? any stock quotes or messages of concern??
    >>
    >> One guess would be you have your address in your address list and
    >> malware sent the same out to everyone in the list - you are running
    >> OE

    > Just the numbers 969 , nothing else that I could see
    > , I am running OE
    > Jim

    And you OPENED it? What kind of MORON are you? That is one of the easiest
    ways for your computer to get infected, attacked, etc. by malicious
    software. Geez...

    Practice safe hex: http://www.claymania.com/safe-hex.html

    --
    I always finish what I sta

    Toolman Tim, Jun 6, 2006
  8. JAMES

    JAMES Guest

    I will now go and sit in the corner for at least an hour , or maybe longer
    ,until Toolman Tim tells me that I can come out
    Jim

    JAMES, Jun 6, 2006
  9. JAMES

    JAMES Guest

    Hope you win ,
    Jim

    JAMES, Jun 6, 2006
  10. JAMES

    JAMES Guest

    JAMES, Jun 6, 2006
  11. JAMES

    JAMES Guest

    I don't think that I said that I opened it , but then again as I am a moron
    , I cant really be sure about that either

    JAMES, Jun 6, 2006
  12. JAMES wrote:
    > Just the numbers 969 , nothing else that I could see
    > , I am running OE

    Yesterday I got one "from myself" that I certainly didn't send. The
    subject was 557, and the body (HTML, which I never use) was the string
    5556. I'd never seen this kind of thing, before. Path said it was from
    franchise.net.

    ><> wrote in message

    >> Was it from the future? any stock quotes or messages of concern??
    >>
    >> One guess would be you have your address in your address list and
    >> malware sent the same out to everyone in the list - you are running OE
    >>
    >> --
    >> RIAA does not approve - Collect em all
    >> http://www.milinkito.com/los80.php

    --
    Blinky RLU 297263
    Killing all posts from Google Groups

    Blinky the Shark, Jun 6, 2006
  13. Whiskers wrote:
    > On 2006-06-06, JAMES <> wrote:
    >> I just received an e-mail from myself , although I did not send it ,
    >> anything to worry about ?
    >> Jim

    > Probably not; it's woefully easy to put any name and email address you
    > want to in the 'From' of an email, so spammers and other nasty types get
    > 'real' names and addresses by scanning newsgroups and web sites and then
    > use them to fake the From headers as well as to get addresses to send
    > there stuff to.

    In the case of the similar email I got "from myself" yesterday (see my
    reply to original poster), it was an address I don't use on a website or
    Usenet. Either some outfit I do biz with shared or sold it, or - more
    likely - it was got from someone's Windows machine by a virus.

    Blinky the Shark, Jun 6, 2006
  14. Blinky the Shark wrote:
    > JAMES wrote:
    >
    >>Just the numbers 969 , nothing else that I could see
    >>, I am running OE

    > Yesterday I got one "from myself" that I certainly didn't send. The
    > subject was 557, and the body (HTML, which I never use) was the string
    > 5556. I'd never seen this kind of thing, before. Path said it was from
    > franchise.net.

    I'm glad I'm not the only one.
    Same range of numbers but from myselves.

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Brian_H=B9=A9?=, Jun 6, 2006
  15. JAMES

    Whiskers Guest

    On 2006-06-06, Blinky the Shark <> wrote:
    > Whiskers wrote:
    >> On 2006-06-06, JAMES <> wrote:
    >>> I just received an e-mail from myself , although I did not send it ,
    >>> anything to worry about ?
    >>> Jim

    >> Probably not; it's woefully easy to put any name and email address you
    >> want to in the 'From' of an email, so spammers and other nasty types get
    >> 'real' names and addresses by scanning newsgroups and web sites and then
    >> use them to fake the From headers as well as to get addresses to send
    >> there stuff to.

    > In the case of the similar email I got "from myself" yesterday (see my
    > reply to original poster), it was an address I don't use on a website or
    > Usenet. Either some outfit I do biz with shared or sold it, or - more
    > likely - it was got from someone's Windows machine by a virus.

    True. Or generated by one of those random-typing monkeys.

    --
    -- ^^^^^^^^^^
    -- Whiskers

    Whiskers, Jun 6, 2006
  16. JAMES

    Rob K Guest

    On 6 Jun 2006 20:47:16 GMT, Blinky the Shark wrote:

    <snip>
    > Either some outfit I do biz with shared or sold it, or - more
    > likely - it was got from someone's Windows machine by a virus.

    Say Stinky:) - oops sorry Blinky
    Some sharks feed on penguins, don't they ?

    BTW can I still use 934 ?

    Rob K, Jun 7, 2006
  17. JAMES

    doS Guest

    ask yourself in a reply to you

    doS, Jun 7, 2006
  18. JAMES

    Toolman Tim Guest

    In news:WMlhg.5318$,
    JAMES spewed forth:
    > I don't think that I said that I opened it , but then again as I am a
    > moron , I cant really be sure about that either
    > Jim

    Well, this quote from an earlier post sure sounded to me like you opened it:

    <quote>
    Just the numbers 969 , nothing else that I could see
    </quote>

    Oh well - it seems no harm was done ;o)

    --
    I always finish what I sta

    Toolman Tim, Jun 7, 2006
  19. JAMES

    G. Morgan Guest

    On Tue, 06 Jun 2006 21:11:44 GMT, Brian H¹©
    <> wrote:

    >I'm glad I'm not the only one.
    >Same range of numbers but from myselves.

    Got one from Boston, 455 in the header - 5556 in the body

    --

    -Graham

    remove the double 'e' to email me.

    G. Morgan, Jun 7, 2006
  20. G Morgan wrote:
    > On Tue, 06 Jun 2006 21:11:44 GMT, Brian H¹©
    ><> wrote:
    >
    >>I'm glad I'm not the only one.
    >>Same range of numbers but from myselves.

    > Got one from Boston, 455 in the header - 5556 in the body

    Mine had that in body, but different Subject header. That's the first
    match of any kind I've seen here. It seemed to orginate in Hawaii.

    Blinky the Shark, Jun 7, 2006